badge


Ragi Vegetable Soup | Soup with Finger Millet and Vegetables | Diabetes Diet Food

>>  Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's been a relaxed day for the last couple of days, almost since the last BM got over. It felt like I had some time to breath! Not that I complain on the BM, as it keeps me fully busy, so busy that I hardly get time to even think properly. But I guess I need some days off to even sit and enjoy a relaxed cup of coffee in the mornings, instead of hurried days. 

We have come to a understood pattern with the kid's breakfast and lunch. With her going to the high school, Konda has become such a helpful child. She helps me in most things, mostly by eating whatever I pack, which is a big help. Then she even pacifies her brothers and helps with their homework.

I know I have been saying I will come with a menu for diet and kid's lunch. Just that things seem to have a way of their own and I never get down to make. This Ragi soup was something I make for Athamma with the Ragi flour she ground it and stocked.

This is very similar to the Jowar Vegetable Soup.

Check out how we make Ragi Malt and Ragi Flour at home.




Ingredients Needed:

Finger Millet Flour / Ragi Pindi - 2 tbsp
Carrots, Cabbage, Beans, chopped - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp

Method to prepare:




Make the Ragi Flour at home, store it in an air tight container for further usage.
Boil 2 cups of water, when it comes to rolling stage, bring it down. In a bowl take the ragi flour and slowly add the hot water. Blend well. Put it back to heat and bring to boil.

Once it's 75% done, add the chopped vegetables and continue boiling to get the vegetables cooked.

Finally add salt and pepper for taste.

Enjoy this broth for a breakfast or dinner.

 Check out other Diabetes Food


9 comments :

Hari Chandana July 6, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

So healthy and delicious soup.. Excellent preparation dear.. thanks for the recipe :)
Indian Cuisine

Vardhini July 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM  

Healthy soup ..

Vardhini
Event: Fast food not Fat food

Rujuta July 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

Hi Valli,
Great soup...tasty and healthy..
Happy Blogging
Rujuta
http://theworldaccordingtorujuta.blogspot.com/

shyam July 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM  

What is BM? :)

Srivalli July 6, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

Thanks everybody!
Shyam Thanks for asking, looks like I forgot to link..I was referring to the Blogging Marathon that happens every month, check out the updated post..:)

SravsCulinaryConcepts July 6, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

Nice and healthy soup !!

Ongoing Event - CC-Roti Pachadi/Chutney

Nithya July 6, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

You are an awesome cook Valli :) You come up with delicious as well as super healthy recipes :) Luv you :) hugs :) will make this soup at home asap

Priya July 7, 2011 at 12:18 AM  

Wow soup looks super nutritious and filling..yumm!

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal July 7, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

wow, that is new and wonderful recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP