badge


Blogging Marathon # 31 - 3 Day Marathon for 4 weeks!

>>  Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Another edition mid and we are here to think about the next one already! At least on my part, I had thought of the themes for almost 4 months at a stretch, it was so easy in the end. Not that I had any dishes prepared, however the themes were sorted out, was quite a relief. 

With September being a full month Marathon, I wanted to make sure the other months are properly themed. So I had do couple of months ahead. 

Anyway as I was thinking about August Month, after two themes, I realized I had a pattern. I am a sucker for pattern and I consider myself to be having a soft corner towards pattern analysis if I can say so myself. So I ended up making all the themes starting with M. 

Hence you have all themes with M and you can have a ball game!

For those of you who are landing here for the first time, then please check out these posts on Blogging Marathon, you can read about all the history, the thought process that's gone in everything in one place in the BM#18 intro

For details on BM held every month, check out the Blogging Marathon page. Once I get all details I will be updating this page. Bloggers taking part in this marathon need to just link back to this page.

The entry is again by Sign ups and each theme will again have only 4 bloggers on first come first basis. 

And because of the new rules I will not be able to accept late sign ups as it will become extremely hard for me to manage otherwise. If you feel you want to do it, please decide ahead, else you can join later.

Commenting on the week blogger's post is mandatory.

And subscription to the group will be monthly basis. 

If you want to know how the Blogging Marathon started, read the first edition

So the 31st edition will 
3, 4, 5 August
10, 11, 12 August
17, 18, 19 August
24, 25, 26 August

Please email me at spicingyourlife@gmail.com latest by 23rd July along with your theme.

FYI:  Requests to join after 23rd July will not be accepted.

Mandatory rules for this Blogging Marathon are as below:
  • Should take up 2 weeks of BM without fail. It can be any two weeks.
  • Will have to post on all 3 days with 2 weeks without fail
  • Same theme can't be taken by one blogger.
  • Should follow the accepted theme all 3 days, meaning if you choose one topic like Rice, you should post all rice based recipes all 3 days.
  • Should link to the Blogging Marathon page.
  • Is expected to actively give feedback on others post.
  • Mandatory reading and commenting on fellow participating member.
Each theme can be selected by four bloggers on first come first bases. 

Other rules will be mailed to the individuals.

Themes for BM # 31st will be the following:

Since having this theme is to make sure my Kid's Delight event gets good entries, I thought it makes sense to have two themes based on the hosting time.

Kid's Delight - Summer Special (3,4,5 and 10,11,12)
Kid's Delight - yet to be decided (17,18,19 and 24,25,26)

Please note Kid's delight posts be it for the BM theme or the event, needs to be kid approved. Which means you get your kid, your young relatives or neighbors approve what you have made. Would surely appreciate a note on who liked it and their age group. This way we can tag it properly.

Another thing can be that you as a kid liked the particular dish. Else it will not be eligible for both the events.

Kid's Delight - Summer Special (3,4,5 and 10,11,12)

Mireille is hosting this edition themed on Summer Special.

With the heat of summer, she decided that it would be great to serve some Room Temperature/Chilled Foods. Basically, any food not served hot - anything from sandwiches and salads to ice cream, chilled desserts and smoothies.

Kid's Delight -  After school Bites (17,18,19 and 24,25,26) 

Nisha Sundar will be hosting this edition.

After school Bites is all about Snacks / any evening tiffin that you make for your kids when they return from school. I always remember how I used to look forward to what I might get to eat after a hectic day at school. so wear your thinking caps and come out with delicious treats.

Member's Choice

I had recently asked my BM buddies to list out what they wanted to make next. Rather their To do list. It was quite comprehensive. However I have picked up few and listed them here.

I will be again asking them to list out and if new ones comes out, will update here.

So if you are picking up this theme, you will have to select 3 from the list below and do everything from scratch. There should not be anything store bought or easy methods followed.

Panacotta
Eclairs
Fresh pasta
Dumplings
Momos
Black forest cake
Tarts
Pies
Puffs
Casseroles
Cake decoration
Coffee variations
Non - Indian Breakfast
Quiche
Pretzels
Ariselu
Souffle
Cheesecake

Mini Servings

Very similar to Finger Food, this can cover a wide range of dishes that can be prepared to be served as a single serving dish. For more ideas, check out here

This can be either savory or sweet. Dishes posted under this should be of mini/ small / individual servings.

Main Course

Be it any cuisine, there are always a course called as the Main Course. However when it comes to Indian cuisine, I have always been doubtful if Roti/rice is the Main course or the Gravies. So I leave it to your discretion and let you choose what you want to make.

However the catch is you should display the meal as a complete one with both. If you are talking about Rotis, your post should have the gravy in picture or rice should have something accompanying it. Like if it's a pulihora, you can serve papads with it.


Mexican Cuisine

Well as the theme says, you can showcase dishes from Mexican Cuisine.

Microwave cooking

As the theme says, you will have to cook the dishes in Microwave Mode. The entire cooking should be done in Microwave and no stove top or any other method to be used.

It can be from any cuisine and any course.

Meatless Dishes

When I was planning to do a theme a day, I was always fascinated with Meatless Mondays. So I finally have this theme for BM. Being a Vegetarian, there are always some dishes that one can never know how it tastes. For example Nargris Kofta is made with egg, so how does one replace egg and make it vegetarian?

So this challenge is to convert a famous meat dish to meatless.

Special Theme - Do three weeks and for the 4th week you get to do the special theme.

Moderator's Choice 

I am listing out some of my thoughts, you can select any 3 and do it during the 4th week.

Behind the scenes of a click
Healthy Smoothies
How to Organize Kitchen, your blog and your post (can be about any of these things)
Cook from any of the 31st listed themes.
Cook from any BM blogs

Please remember all three days can't be the same. It has to be different.

This is accepted only for the 4th week (and should have done all three previous weeks).

********************************
Please spread the details if you want your friends to be part of this marathon.

Let's gear up for another non stop blogging!




3 comments :

Usha July 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM  

I am so tempted sign up for mini bites & main course but am not sure if I will be able to cook anything during my India visit.

Chef Mireille July 17, 2013 at 5:38 AM  

you need to fix the heading for kid's delight - you have my summer special in the description but Kalyani's theme for the heading

Rajani July 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM  

Good to see the announcement :), I will mail you my themes soon! Feels good to be back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP