>> Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Should take up 2 weeks of BM without fail. It can be any two weeks.
- Will have to post on all 3 days with 2 weeks without fail
- Same theme can't be taken by one blogger.
- Should follow the accepted theme all 3 days, meaning if you choose one topic like Rice, you should post all rice based recipes all 3 days.
- Should link to the Blogging Marathon page.
- Is expected to actively give feedback on others post.
- Mandatory reading and commenting on fellow participating member.
As always Kamalika thinks differently. This edition she is calling for ideas to pack back to your kids who go back to hostels to study. As hard it will be to send away kids to hostels, it's always done with best intentions. So they might as well enjoy their hostel again with foods packed from home. So from Feb to Mar 15th, you can prepare any food that would stay good for kids who carry back food with them that would have longer shelf life etc.. that would make Back to hostel Food
Cooking from a book
As the name says, you can cook anything from a book. Only requirement is you got to give reference to the book, either online or hard copy. You can simply click a picture of the book, without any copyright infringement. If you select three different cooks for all three days.
How to make - Basics Liquids
Under this you can make anything like sauce, be sweet or savoury anything that can be used a topping, sauce. It can't be paste, powder etc. Should be in liquid form and no powder. Should essentially have steps and clear method to make it.
North East Indian Cuisine
Look up Internet to check out which all states will fall under this cuisine and cook three dishes from it.
Baking with Whole Grains
As the name says, you can bake anything with whole grains. It can be unleavened bread, oven baked, stove top or tandoor. But different grain each day.
Cooking with Alphabets
The dish can start in any language. Only condition all three should fall be either baked, steamed, or cooked on stove top from the below list
K, M, I
A, L , F
O, R, V
S, G, N
Breakfast on the run
Meaning the breakfast should be fixed within 30 mins if cooked from scratch or 15 mins if assembled. It can be open toast stuffed sandwich, rotis and rolls.
Special Theme -
1. BM 25th Edition Special
2. Any one of the above editions that is eligible
Option is for those who are part of the 25th Special event. Others who want to do the 4th week can opt for the second option.