Potato Waffles With Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese

>>  Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Next, on the breakfast series, I have an easy breakfast dish that can be served for a quick dinner or snack as well is this Potato Waffles. To make it even more interesting, I add parmesan cheese and cooked in garlic butter. 

The batter is little sticky so you really have to let it get cooked well before removing it from the iron. I served it with just a sauce and it was very good too. Today is one of those days when I can hardly think through what to write. So go ahead enjoy the dish. I will be back with my rambling tomorrow.

Potato Waffles With Garlic Butter and Parmesan Cheese

Ingredients Needed:

Boiled and Mashed Potatoes - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Dried Rosemary 1/2 tsp
Parmesan Cheese - 2 tsp
Pepper to taste
Garlic Butter for cooking
Water to make the batter

How to make the waffles

MW the potatoes for 5 to 6 mins. Soak and peel the skin. Grate to get a fine potato rice. Mash again with a spoon. 

Add the all purpose flour, Rosemary, salt, pepper powder and parmesan cheese. Mix well and slowly add water to get a thick batter.

Grease the waffle iron with garlic butter and when hot, add a ladleful of the batter and cover. Cook till it turns crispy and done.

This gave me 3 small sized waffles. 

I served it with sauce.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


Suja Ram September 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM  

Oh..thats a super yummy snack for kids. Bookmarked Valli.

Kalyani September 21, 2016 at 11:58 AM  

A yummy treat indeed ! If I ask for a waffle maker to buy now, i might just be shown the door :)) a handy gadget though ... my kids wd love these waffles for breaky

vaishali sabnani September 22, 2016 at 6:22 AM  

I went crazy at the waffles they were selling in Amsterdam...but all with here I see a waffle that can be relished..looks wonderful.

Gayathri Kumar September 22, 2016 at 11:05 AM  

These waffles sound awesome, with potatoes and cheese. Need to buy a waffle iron and try this..

Nalini's Kitchen September 22, 2016 at 4:45 PM  

Potato waffles sounds interesting,perfect for snack or breakfast.

Harini-Jaya R September 23, 2016 at 6:32 AM  

splendid idea! shall make this asap for the kids.

Srividhya Gopalakrishnan September 23, 2016 at 8:49 PM  

potato waffles sounds great. :-) Love the addition of herbs and cheese.

Suma Gandlur September 24, 2016 at 1:53 AM  

Splendid idea for kids' breakfast.

Priya Suresh September 24, 2016 at 11:49 PM  

Potato waffles with herbs and cheese, just loving it Valli. My kids will enjoy thoroughly this incredible waffles.

Usha September 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM  

Potato waffles with cheese and rosemary must have tasted wonderful!!

Pavani N October 7, 2016 at 1:25 AM  

Yummy potato waffles. I think my potato and waffle loving kids would love this.

Sowmya :) October 7, 2016 at 10:05 PM  

This is my kinda the flavours! Tomorrow's menu is set now :)

Smruti Shah October 8, 2016 at 3:55 AM  

I could easily devour a TON of these waffles. Pretty simple and yet so yummy!

Ritu Tangri October 8, 2016 at 1:25 PM  

it must be quite a flavorful potato waffle

Archana Potdar October 12, 2016 at 10:00 PM  

Delicious and yummy waffles. My girls will love it. It's too late to plan it for tomorrow's tiffin but will make it for sure.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan October 17, 2016 at 7:26 PM  

I am definitely trying this soon for evening snack. SO easy to make and so delicious!

Sapana Behl October 19, 2016 at 11:33 PM  

I love potatoes in any form and these waffles looks too good for me. Yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP