badge


Garlic Butter Parmesan Potato Wedges

>>  Thursday, September 1, 2016

Welcome to the September Mega Blogging Marathon that is going to be a cooking carnival! We are beginning our mega marathon with the concept of cooking one ingredient or a category for the whole of this month. Or one could do 5 ingredients or 5 Categories. You can read all about the different options that my Buddies will be doing!

Coming to my chosen theme, I have picked up Potato to be the star and will be cooking subthemes featuring Potato as the star ingredient. I know when I picked up Potato, it will become tough as I have so many potato recipes already. 

Having a subtheme helped me be focused and tried my best to pick from different countries. While the list has a list of different countries, how much I will be able to follow the list will have to be seen. 

I am known to cook a storm during the weekend. However, with a single ingredient, it is not possible nor can I keep cooking the only potato through the week. It has been quite tough. Still as Hubby dear loves Potato, he doesn't seem to mind. 

During Mega BM we post for 26 days, having Sundays off. So that makes the week 1 have 3 days. 

For the first 3 days, it's going to be Potato Fries or Wedges. 

First on the platter is this Garlic Butter Parmesan Potato Wedges. I was inspired by these pictures and wanted to bake as well. However, with time shortage, I decided to deep fry and then bake as well for the final effect.
Konda and Peddu enjoyed this so much as they are very fond of garlic butter. In fact, they couldn't wait to attack the platter while I was clicking the pictures. Konda also wanted to click on her own style and all the posts in this series will also showcase her style along with mine.

While I like to click top pictures and from the side, she is very fond of clicking closeup pictures. So enjoy both the styles!




Garlic Butter Parmesan Potato Wedges

Ingredients Needed:

Large potatoes - 3 to 4
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
Garlic Butter - 1 tbsp
Italian Seasoning - 2 tsp
Parmesan Cheese - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnish
Eggless Mayonnaise and Tomato Ketchup for dipping

How to make the Wedges

Peel and soak the potatoes in water till you chop them into wedges. Chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges. 

Bring a pot full of water to boil. Par boil the wedges for 3 to 4 mins.

Drain in a colander, heat a Kadai with oil and deep fry till crispy. Drain to a kitchen towel. 

Preheat the oven to 185C.

Add the garlic butter to a baking tray, melt the butter for 2 mins. 

Spread the fried wedges on the tray, sprinkle salt, the Italian Seasoning, Parmesan Cheese over it. Toss to coat well.

Bake for 10 mins or depending on how crispy you want.

Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander leaves.

Serve hot with dips on sides. 





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


23 comments :

Usha September 1, 2016 at 12:08 AM  

How can one resist these fries. Garlic butter wedges sounds good.

Priya Srinivasan September 1, 2016 at 1:02 AM  

Wow valli, love your theme. These potatoes look very tempting.

Priya Suresh September 1, 2016 at 1:30 AM  

Omg, those potato wedges are calling me to pick and munch some rite now, lipsmacking dish. Love to enjoy with some chilly sauce. Am sure you gonna rock with ur potato recipes.

Sapana Behl September 1, 2016 at 2:13 AM  

Wow , I was thinking who might be doing the potato dishes as you gave example while discussing the theme but I wouldn't think it would be you . The fries looks amazing and as being a potato fan all of your recipes will be going in my bookmarks.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan September 1, 2016 at 2:18 AM  

It is so hard to come up with potato recipes and you are going to do that for the next 26 days. I can't wait to see your creations. These wedges are just so perfect and I am sure my kids would love them.

Nalini's Kitchen September 1, 2016 at 4:05 AM  

Nice theme Valli,I am a great fan of potato,looking forward to see interesting potato recipes..potato wedges look so delicious and tempting..

Harini-Jaya R September 1, 2016 at 7:29 AM  

It is indeed a challenge to cook potato so often and you never step back from a challenge, do you?
Very tempting fries.. I am sure my kids would have loved had I taken up this theme:)

Suma Gandlur September 1, 2016 at 8:27 AM  

I guess potato is favored by many and i am looking forward to your potato recipes. Potato wedges with a hint of garlic and cheese sound flavorful.

Ruchi Indu September 1, 2016 at 8:28 AM  

waiting to see the 26 recipes with potatoes.... Potatoes are an all time favourite. So definitely bookmarking all your recipes

Gayathri Kumar September 1, 2016 at 8:51 AM  

I am a great fan of potato based dishes, and I am sure I will love your posts this BM. These garlic butter wedges sounds like the perfect snacks to enjoy on a rainy day...

Suja Ram September 1, 2016 at 9:08 AM  

That's a superb theme Valli. Waiting to know your sub-themes. These Potato wedges look perfect and sinful. A must try..

Kalyani September 1, 2016 at 10:04 AM  

potatoes are loved by most, so ur series will be quite popular valli - u r doing an entire month with this veggie :) wow !

Archana Potdar September 1, 2016 at 10:22 AM  

Wow Valli the fries are amazing. Looks like my suspicion were true. I knew you will choose potato. Waiting to see your posts. Btw tell konda her pics are beautiful

KParthasarathi September 1, 2016 at 4:58 PM  

A great start and the pics are lovely!

The Pumpkin Farm September 1, 2016 at 5:02 PM  

I knew potato would be a popular ingredient, i always struggle with recipes for potato though, especially because mentally i try to block it out for its starchiness, but this baked versions are always tempting

My husband loves potatoes in any form...so am pretty much looking forward for the rest of your dishes....

So happy to be part of the mega marathon....thanks for accomodating :)

Sowmya :) September 1, 2016 at 6:44 PM  

Potatoes for the entire month sounds fabulous and quite a challenge! The start is absolutely lip smacking. Looking forward to more deliciousness

Ritu Tangri September 1, 2016 at 7:05 PM  

Drooling already.... These wedges look so tempting, who can resist them😋😋

veena krishnakumar September 1, 2016 at 7:11 PM  

Awesome theme Valli.I am sure vibha is seeing this and will bookmark each of them and ask me to do it:). Love the pics!!!

vaishali sabnani September 1, 2016 at 7:37 PM  

Fantastic pick Valli ! Potatoes by large are a favorite with most , including me ! Infact i am enjoing these potatoes on my trip as they are the safest . Lovely fries , would'nt mind munching on them .

Srividhya Gopalakrishnan September 1, 2016 at 9:12 PM  

26 days of potatoes wowwww valli. Kudos. These wedges are great and love your daughter's clicks too.

Smruti Shah September 1, 2016 at 10:34 PM  

Seriously Valli, Potatoes all month???? Hats off to your dedication to do something so challenging! Lovely recipe to kick off the marathon. Loved the potato wedges with all the parm on it :)

Padmajha PJ September 2, 2016 at 8:47 PM  

What a dedication! 26 potato dishes!! And i am sure we will be enjoying Konda's clicks this BM.The potato wedges sound like a super delicious snack.

Pavani N September 3, 2016 at 6:11 PM  

Awesome theme Valli, but like you said quite challenging too.
Those potato wedges look sooooo inviting. My kids would LOVE these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP