Baby Corn Cashew Kebab

For the second day of cooking Kebabs for BM#67, I have a Kebab made with Baby Corn and Cashews. My kids love Baby Corn Pakoda and we frequently keep making it. So as I kebab I was sure it was going to be a hit. They enjoyed it more as a sandwich with bread. The crunch the cashews gave was a nice twist.

This makes a great evening snack for kids and we made sure we didn't deep fry. However, I am sure it tastes out of the world if so. Though I am not averse to deep frying and do it whenever I have to, I think I want to avoid piling up on the used oil. Since reuse of oil has to be avoided deep frying too frequently gets you in a spot. 

I always think shallow fry does the same job and most times I pan fry it too. Since I mostly end up making a sandwich too, it doesn't really matter much.

Enjoy your Kabab with a cup of coffee!

I am quite fussy about what a Bajji is or a pakoda is, so I have a Baby Corn Bajji and a Baby Corn Pakora as well!



Baby Corn Cashew Kebab

Ingredients Needed:

Baby Corn - 2 cups
Potato boiled and grated - 1/2 cup
Cashews - 10 whole
Green chilli chopped - 2 medium
Ginger - 2 tsp chopped
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking oil - about 1 to 2 tsp for each

How to make Sweet Corn Kebab

Remove the husk and chop the baby corn into a half. MW for 5 mins and mash well.

Similarly, MW potato for 4 mins, peel and mash well.

Chop Cashews into tiny pieces and keep it aside.

Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. The mix should stay together as a ball. Adjust the seasoning.

Divide into equal balls. Flatten into a 2 inch disc.

Heat a nonstick pan and grease with oil. Shallow fry the Kebabs over medium heat until crisp golden color.

Serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , , ,