badge


Nannari Sarbath | Nannari Lemonade

>>  Sunday, June 12, 2016

For the final day of the second week under Summer Coolers, I have one of our favorite summer drinks, the Nannari Sarbath. I was introduced to this drink some years back when we started getting the syrup from Andhra. My FIL when he visits us makes a point to get us a cart full of Nannari Syrup.

We always have this stocked that even though I want to make this syrup at home from scratch, I always have this so never got a chance to make it myself. So presenting a very simple assembling of this refreshing drink that we make for our kids.

To know how it tastes exactly at the shops, Hubby dear got me to drink this from the shop during our trips back from Andhra.

So for now enjoy this drink with readymade syrup while I will work harder to get the syrup done from scratch soon. Store bought Nannari syrup mostly has sugar added, so you need not add anything when making the drink at home.

Nannari Sarbath

Serves 1
Ingredients Needed:

Nannari Syrup - 2 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 of a medium lemon
Carbonated Water - 1/2 Glass
Chilled Water - 1/2 glass

In the serving glass, take the syrup, lemon juice, mix well. Then add carbonated water and regular chilled water.

Serve with a couple of ice cubes.

Notes:

You can leave out the carbonated water if serving to kids. I normally do not add for my kids. Hubby dear adds for mine, though even I do not prefer.

 Sending these to PJ who is hosting this month's Kid's Delight Edition, themed on Summer Coolers.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


10 comments :

Priya Suresh June 13, 2016 at 12:46 AM  

Super like, my all time favourite drink, nothing can beat this drink.

Smruti Shah June 16, 2016 at 6:23 AM  

Super drink Valli!! Amazing combination for the summer months.

Pavani N June 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM  

This has been on my to-make list for a very very long time. But I can't my hands on Nannari root or the syrup here, so now I have them on my list of things to buy from India. It looks like a perfect summer thirst quencher.

vaishali sabnani June 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM  

I have heard of this from you guys, but not tasted as yet.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan June 21, 2016 at 9:48 AM  

I have been dying to taste this juice for a long time and everytime someone posts this drink, I am more and more eager to try this.

Archana Potdar June 24, 2016 at 8:49 PM  

We did taste it Vaishali in Pondi. I am hoping to taste it again Delhi. You get the broaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad hint Valli?

Annu Swamy June 29, 2016 at 9:27 PM  

Super cooooooooler...

Chef Mireille July 1, 2016 at 12:24 AM  

never heard of nannari - will have to look up a photo and see if we get it here

Usha August 1, 2016 at 3:12 AM  

I don't remember tasting this. Sounds like a wonderful refreshing drink!!

Sapana Behl August 31, 2016 at 7:12 PM  

I have heard so much about this drink.Bookmarked to try soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP