Mint Lemonade | How to make Mint Lemonade

>>  Thursday, May 19, 2016

For the final day of BM#64, under Summer Coolers, I have a Mint Lemonade. What's so funny about the whole post is that it's been raining nonstop for two days and I ended up making it at the last moment. When Konda saw me making it, she asked why I was making a cooler during winter. I asked her again and she realized we are in a midst of Kathri, the hottest month of the year and so unexpectedly we have rains now.

Madras has the most wonderful climate. Though many are under the misconception that it is always hot, I would like to debate on that and this year I have heard so many who have visited different parts of India, come back and claim Madras climate was so much better. Another wonderful fact is that we get rains at any point of the year. 

Still rains in May is something that's happening after 10 years. So it is so much cherished. And that didn't stop me from making this Minty Lemonade. I was supposed to make it during the weekend. So the mint leaves withered and I was forced to use it still.  

Sending these to my buddy PJ who has helped me out by hosting this month's Kid's Delight Edition, themed on Summer Coolers.

While I was posting it on Instagram, Konda wanted me to caption it witty. Well, when needed my wit deserts me.

Mint Lemonade:

There is not much a recipe here.

Lemon - 1
Mint leaves - handful
Sugar - 2 to 3 tsp
Ice Cubes

Squeeze the juice, mix in sugar, blend the mint leaves to make a paste. Add lemon juice, mint paste, sugar and water. Mix everything. Serve on rocks!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


Usha May 19, 2016 at 4:55 AM  

Even if it is raining, I would not mind a lemonade and mint makes it even more tempting.

vaishali sabnani May 19, 2016 at 6:27 AM  

Ha ha , yes the bloggers are crazy ! World tells them so too . You could pass that lemonade ro me Valli , yesterdays temperature went as high as 50 !

Priya Suresh May 20, 2016 at 12:13 AM  

LOl and i love that caption. Fantastic lemonade, prefect for summer.

Pavani N May 20, 2016 at 5:50 AM  

Refreshing summer drink. We are waiting for the weather to get warmer in our neck of woods.

Sapana Behl May 20, 2016 at 6:41 PM  

Mint lemonade looks refreshing and delicious.

Varadas Kitchen May 21, 2016 at 8:26 PM  

Lemonade in summer is always a great choice rain or no rain. :)

Gayathri Kumar May 22, 2016 at 6:36 PM  

Madurai is so much like Chennai when it comes to weather and now it is slightly cool because of the non stop rain for a week. And of course food bloggers are crazy!:) Minty lemonade looks so tempting..

Archana Potdar May 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM  

It's too hot here Valli!!! I want the lemonade.

Harini-Jaya R May 24, 2016 at 7:44 AM  

No need to mention the blogger craziness, Vali. All of us are guilty of it one time or another :)

A refreshing drink for sure.

Priya Srinivasan May 30, 2016 at 11:03 PM  

Very refreshing! ! Love the craziness! 😉

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP