badge


Hot Chocolate Drink with Orange

>>  Thursday, February 4, 2016

The second drink that really had me was this orange chocolate drink I happened in read about. I am not a person who experiments with drinks, infact I am so fussy that I never change my standard drink.

So when I read about this Orange Hot chocolate, I thought I should atleast try it for KOnda. The recipe calls for Grand Marnier or Cointreau and since I have neither, I decided to go ahead use the fresh juice. I was also thinking of fermenting the orange juice before using. However as things happened, I didn't.

Since citrus reacts and turns sour, I didn't let this drink on heat for more than few minutes and allowed it to steep before drinking. Though I may not willing indulge in this again, Konda was all game for it. 


Also do remember to top your drink with chocolate chip, that gives a good taste as you sip on it.

Thinking about this, I guess it will surely make a good drink for breakfast along with a toast.

 




Orange Hot Chocolate

Makes 1 cup

Ingredients Needed:

Hot Milk - 1/2 cup
Hot water - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp (as per your taste)
Chocolate Chips - 1 tsp
Orange Juice - 1/2 cup

How to make Orange Hot chocolate

Bring the water to boil, add sugar and cocoa powder, stir till well blended.

Have the milk on boil.

Simmer the cocoa mix, and add the milk to the cocoa powder, stir in half of the chocolate chips along with orange juice.

Cover with lid for couple of minutes.

Serve with rest of the chocolate chip on top.



Notes

Typically Grand Marnier or Cointreau is added to make this drink. Since I don't have either, I simply used juice to replace.

The drink had the distint orange tang. However you shouldn't have this on heat for long.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


16 comments :

Usha Rao February 4, 2016 at 1:40 AM  

Now you are coming out of your comfort zone with your chocolate drinks. 😊. Good to know Konda enjoyed the drink.

Suma Gandlur February 4, 2016 at 3:37 AM  

Sounds interesting. Never tried to combine chocolate and orange in a drink.

Sapana Behl February 4, 2016 at 6:01 AM  

Orange with chocolate sounds amazing.Bookmarking to try.

vaishali sabnani February 4, 2016 at 6:18 AM  

Chocolate and orange is a ultimate combo and tastes heavenly ! I am sure it will be a hit with kids .

Varadas Kitchen February 4, 2016 at 6:23 AM  

Interesting twist to a liqueur based drink. Creative.

Hiba abbas February 4, 2016 at 8:56 AM  

orange and chocolate is a combination i love, but was a little doubtful about the sour taste of oranges seepin into the juice , so i have left to later try .
thanks for the notes to clarify my doubts:)

Kalyani February 4, 2016 at 2:36 PM  

chocolate - orange, chocolate - chilly and choco-mint :: slurp slurp !! these combos are never fail ones !! the drink looks so tempting...

rajani February 5, 2016 at 5:42 AM  

That's Vaishali's favorite combo☺

Gayathri Kumar February 5, 2016 at 5:07 PM  

Chocolate and orange is a great combo. I think it would taste great in this drink too..

Srividhya Gopalakrishnan February 5, 2016 at 9:12 PM  

I have tried chocolate cuties but not in the chocolate drink. Very nice. I bet it would have tasted delicious.

Sowmya :) February 6, 2016 at 1:08 PM  

These are my two favorite ingredients...am going to try this asap!

Priya Suresh February 6, 2016 at 6:10 PM  

Excellent drink to kick start a lazy morning, again an interesting drink to have anytime of the day.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan February 8, 2016 at 9:02 PM  

Chocolate and orange is sch a lovely combo and yo have nailed it. Definitely a great choice for breakfasts!

Chef Mireille February 10, 2016 at 8:48 AM  

orange and chocolate always compliment each other well - this would be so good

Pavani N February 10, 2016 at 10:33 PM  

Very interesting chocolate drink Valli. Never tried different flavors of hot chocolate and this sounds very delicious.

Harini-Jaya R February 17, 2016 at 6:39 AM  

Very interesting variation. I am showing this recipe to my older one, so she can try this variation. My little likes citrus flavors, so she might like it better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP