Easy Cheese Potato Sandwich | How to make Cheese Potato Sandwich on Tawa

I know some may not agree to my view that these sandwiches make a great dinner dish. I am person who can have sandwiches for any meal of the day, so I am happy about this. Also I wanted this theme to showcase the different options one might get to plan for Lunch / Dinner. 

While one can plan an elaborate meals like our Thalis, it can be as simple as an one pot meal or rather in my case some sandwiches. Infact I was planning on a soup or a one pan bake. Since I am not a soup person nor a person who has endless time on hand to plan a bake just for myself, I thought I will keep this to actuals.

These sandwiches are regular ones, these days I don't even bother taking out my sandwich maker and go all the way. I simply make it on the tawa and it works out just the same, maybe yes, it doesn't stay glued. But who cares! On the days I plan a non veg meal for others, my dinners are these sandwiches. And yes I enjoy myself by including cheese and whatever fancies me.

Please excuse the somewhat shaken pictures (which Konda strongly opposed me from using) I was literally shaken at the ease at which this got done!





Easy Cheese Potato Sandwich

Ingredients Needed:

Bread Slices - 4 nos
Oil/Butter/Ghee for toasting
Cheese Slices - 2

For stuffing

Onion - 1 small
Potato - 1 medium
Green Chilies - 1 medium
Salt to taste
Pav Bhaji Masala -1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves handful

How to make the Sandwich

MW slashed potatoe for 3 to 4 mins. Soak in water, peel the skin and mash.

In a non stick pan, saute onions, add green chilies, mashed potatoes, spice powders. Combine everything, add coriander leaves.

On a greased tawa toast the trimmed bread slices on both sides. On one bread, place the cheese slice, on the other bread, spread the masala. Then place the cheese bread on the stuffing and press well to glue them together.

Slice and eat hot!


Notes:

I have quite a few similar sandwiches, each differing with the masala added. In today's sandwich its Pav Bhaji masala. Try adding channa masala or Kitchen King Masala for different flavour or taste.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , , ,