badge


Homemade Tater Tots | Deep Fried Potato Cluster Snack

>>  Sunday, January 10, 2016

We are starting the second week of BM#60, this week I will be sharing some finger foods that can be a delight to any Kids party. This theme is for my Kids Delight Event, guest hosted by Priya Srinivasan and she is calling for all finger foods. 

I have been wanting to make Tater Tots for a while now. This is inspired by many blogs I read on this recipe. Most were prepared with egg in it and I decided to do it my way. These may not be the original way a Tater tot might be. However these were delicious and just the sort one would want for a party. So I am anyway going to call it Tater Tots and will get to the original way sometime later.




Sending this to Kids Delight, guest hosted this month by Priya Srinivasan on Party Food - Finger Foods


Homemade Tater Tots

Ingredients Needed:

Potatoes - 4 medium
Salt to taste
Pepper powder
Oragano, Rosemerry - big pinch
Corn flour - 2 tsp

How to make the Tater Tots

Peel the skin and parboil the potatoes in enough water. Once cooled, grate the potatoes into a bowl. Make sure the grated potatoes are dry.

Then add salt, pepper, herbs, and mix well. Pinch out tiny Tots and place them in a plate. Freeze for alteast 30 mins or until making.

Heat a pan with oil, deep fry the tater tots till golden in colour.

Drain them on a kitchen towel, seve with ketchup.





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


12 comments :

Chef Mireille January 10, 2016 at 9:28 PM  

I have always loved tater tots from a kid and I have a cauliflower version on my blog - but your eggless version came out fantastic and looks like a delicious snack

Suma Gandlur January 11, 2016 at 2:38 AM  

I feel potatoes in any form ends up being delicious. I bet your version tater tots were yummy.

Sapana Behl January 11, 2016 at 7:11 AM  

very inviting potato tots.

Srividhya Gopalakrishnan January 11, 2016 at 9:24 PM  

My kiddos favorite. I havent tried this for a long time. Should try it some time soon.

sushma January 12, 2016 at 12:38 AM  

LOve potatoes in any form they are served. Kids would love these for sure.

Priya Suresh January 12, 2016 at 1:52 PM  

Wish i get this crispy beauties rite from my lappy screen, so tempting they are.

Pavani N January 14, 2016 at 3:00 AM  

I love tater tots and so does my family, but I never made them at home. Your recipe looks easy enough to try.

Varadas Kitchen January 14, 2016 at 7:53 PM  

This version of tater tots would be a hit at any party

Priya Srinivasan January 16, 2016 at 9:52 PM  

such an easy version valli,i feel like making it right now!! looks interesting!!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan January 17, 2016 at 11:44 PM  

What a fun recipe this is Valli! WOuld love to make some for my boys.

Gayathri Kumar January 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM  

Delicious looking tater tots. This would be a perfect tea time snack...

veena krishnakumar February 4, 2016 at 11:19 AM  

Looks very delicious and perfetc party pleaser valli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP