badge


Mexican Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce

>>  Wednesday, September 16, 2015

For the third day under Condiments, I wanted to try a dip. This dip is more like a sauce that can be poured over a dish or can be served as a dip. When I made the Mexican Tortilla platter, I had wanted to make these Cheese Nacho Dip as well. Then better judgement prevailed and I marked to make this for condiments.

If you thought I had made all in one shot, I wish it was. However I had fried these chips, dip again as Konda loved the first batch. I must agree that I found this cheese dip to be so additive. Infact I had spread some on my toast and it tasted even so much better!

I have been wanting to make nachos for a long time. I haven't come around making it and decided I might as well make the dip. For a person who loves cheese, this dip was so heavenly. And truly said you can't stop with just one chip being dipped into it!

While there are many recipes over the net for a good homemade cheese dip, I thought this was the easiest







Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce

Ingredients Needed:

Butter - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour/ Maida - 2 tbsp 
Milk - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Pepper powder -  1/8 tsp 
Cheddar cheese, grated - 1/2 cup

How to make the Nacho Cheese Sauce

Melt the butter in a no stick pan over medium flame. Once the butter is melted add the flour. Whisk until it combines into a smooth paste and keep stirring until it gets mixed well and cooked. It takes about 2 -3 mins. 

Add the milk to the pan and continue whisking. Once the milk is incorporated, bring to boil. Simmer and cook for 5 more mins. At this stage the mix is mostly in lumps. I allow it to cool and blend to a smooth mixture.

Take it back to the pan, add the pepper and salt and whisk to combine.

Add the grated cheese and gently stir, allowing the cheese to melt. When the cheese is completely melted and the mixture smooth in consistency, the nacho cheese sauce is ready to serve. 

Enjoy immediately, as the sauce will get firm as it sits.


Notes

I refrigerated for a week and it was very good. The sauce became little more thick as it settled, however it makes a great spread as well. 

You can reheat by simmering over flame and adding little water to loosen it up.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56



18 comments :

Sapana Behl September 16, 2015 at 4:33 AM  

Cheese sauce looks so creamy and delicious.

vaishali sabnani September 16, 2015 at 5:59 AM  

This is a addictive dip, I make it quite often for the little grandchildren and Juhi. Simple to make but very creamy and cheesy .

Nivedhanams Sowmya September 16, 2015 at 7:59 AM  

Surely an addictive dip... Looks super creamy and yummm

Usha September 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM  

Cheese sauce does look heavenly

Padma Rekha September 19, 2015 at 1:29 PM  

Butter, milk and cheese wow what a creamy combination. That picture with potato wedges making me drool...

The Pumpkin Farm September 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM  

guilt pleasures...looks very luscious

Priya Suresh September 20, 2015 at 11:07 PM  

Feel like finishing those fries with this delicious cheese sauce..

Harini-Jaya R September 21, 2015 at 7:10 AM  

I am sure my kids will love this.

Kalyani September 21, 2015 at 10:27 AM  

looks delish !!

Sandhiya September 21, 2015 at 2:48 PM  

Delicious cheese sauce..would love to have with some fries now.

sneha datar September 22, 2015 at 10:06 PM  

Yummy creamy and delicious cheese sauce.

Srividhya September 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM  

Yummy and creamy.. You reminded me my Masters days. Some days my lunch would be this cheesy nachos. lovely

Priya Srinivasan September 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM  

lip-smacking good!!!

Pavani N September 28, 2015 at 8:31 AM  

OMG that sauce looks cheesy and delicious Valli. Wish I can dip through the screen and taste some.

Suma Gandlur September 29, 2015 at 8:33 AM  

My cheese loving daughter would have loved to join your party. :)

Archana Potdar September 30, 2015 at 5:02 PM  

Valli with my people this will be a hit. Love it

Manjula Bharath October 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM  

That is so nice to know some same or similar techniques are used in different countries giving a it a unique name :) the dip is seriously so cheesy and yummy !!

Chef Mireille November 2, 2015 at 8:16 AM  

the nacho cheese sauce we get here is usually much more orange in color but yours looks so thick and creamy anywayu - must be delicious

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP