Banana Split | Classic Banana Split Ice Cream Sundae

>>  Sunday, July 5, 2015

For the last and final day of Kids Delight - Fruits all forms, I took the easy way out! I decided to finally make this Classic Banana Split that I have read so many times in Enid Blyton books. Growing up, I never had some of the experiences that kids in those books seem to have. And that always made me want to do it right away.

Of course I don't think in '80 or '90 our market place had such well established parlors. It was only much later the Ice cream parlors became much more expanded and offered so many options. I still remember the Milky Way, an exclusive Ice Cream shop that opened up in early '90s and it used to sell the ceramist ice creams. 

We used to regularly visit and enjoyed their creations. Previous to this, we used to get standard ice cream flavours and you don't have an option to mix and create. However even then I don't think I would tried a banana split. Having decided on this, I alerted Konda that she will have to taste something new for me.
She was all ready and I decided I would get store bought flavours, instead of making it myself. Infact when I was making those 3 ingredient Ice Creams in single serves, my idea was to make this. However it got over before I could even plan. So I had to get some more.

Kids were so excited when they saw the ice creams and the boys even said they won't mind trying out strawberry. Imagine that! Especially with banana in it. That single bowl was not enough and Konda gave up trying to get her share, boys enjoyed it so much that they didn't realize that they completed all the ice cream scoops along with the banana added. 

Knowing what all has gone in and they were actively involved in setting this up and clicking as well. So they knew it had chocolate overload anyways. If you love a sundae lot of toppings, then this is for you!

Classic Banana Split Ice Cream Sundae

For 1 Serving

Ingredients Needed

Ripe Banana - 1 long
Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice cream - 50 gms each
Chocolate sauce - 4 -5 tsp
Sprinkles,  Chocolate shavings, Chocolate Twisters, chocolate chips for garnish.

How to make the Banana split

In a boat shaped serving bowl, place one scoop of each ice cream in the center of the serving bowl.

Peel and slice bananas in half, lengthwise and place on either side of ice cream.

Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the ice cream and garnish with sprinkles, grated chocolate and twisters.
Sending this to Harini, who is hosting my Kids Delight event, themed this edition on Fruits in all forms!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


Rajani S July 5, 2015 at 12:22 AM  

Late 90s had some icecream shops cropping up, but it was in Eden, Besant nagar that I had my first banana split. I am glad your kids loved this, even with the strawberry in it ;-).

Suma Gandlur July 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM  

No wonder your boys enjoyed it. Even I wouldn't refuse that bowl of goodness. :)

vaishali sabnani July 5, 2015 at 8:46 AM  

Banana Split brings back loads and loads of nostalgic memories. One of our favourite desserts , awesome job rhere.

Nivedhanams Sowmya July 6, 2015 at 10:24 AM  

oh you took me back to my school days where no worry of calories and indulging in ice creams were so exciting and fun!! banana split looks fantastic..

Sandhiya July 6, 2015 at 2:56 PM  

Loved your presentation and it must be delicious..A quick fix for desert on summer days..

Pavani N July 6, 2015 at 6:36 PM  

Banana split is on my to-make list. I've my son all reeled up with anticipation (just showed him your pics too), hopefully I'll get to make it for him soon. I can imagine how delicious this sundae must have tasted -- so yummy!!

Priya Suresh July 7, 2015 at 12:43 PM  

Banana split makes me nostalgicm wish to finish that whole plate..

Sapana Behl July 9, 2015 at 1:59 AM  

Banana split sundae looks so tempting.Nicely presented..

sneha datar July 9, 2015 at 9:56 PM  

Love bananas in any form and this looks irresistible.

Harini-Jaya R July 10, 2015 at 4:16 PM  

When kids love something we make, it is such a satisfying experience, right? Love this version.

Chef Mireille July 12, 2015 at 8:21 AM  

you garnished it so beautifully as though it were in the parlor itself!

praba bubesh July 13, 2015 at 2:44 AM  

drooling over these banana split icecream..looks too tempting..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP