Potato Murukku | Aloo Chips

>>  Saturday, June 6, 2015

For the third day of Snacking all the way, I have a deep fried chips made with Potato. I had plans for making puffs, somehow all the three days I have been trying, I just couldn't make it. So that will be following for another day. 

When I was thinking of this snack, I had problem with finding the right mould. I wanted a thin flat one, that would give a ribbon pakoda style. I couldn't find it and ended up with this shape. I thought of baking it, then as time was short, I deep fried it. These are supposed to be consumed right away as these don't stay crispy for long. However after frying, serve hot with sauce, its so delicious!

This also goes for my Kids Delight event, hosted by Sandhya themed on Snacking all the way

Aloo Chips


Potato, boiled and mashed - 1 cup
Maida - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Red Chili powder -1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying

Murukku press

How to make the Chips

MW the potatoes for 5 mins, soak and peel the skin off.

In a bowl, add the potato, flours, red chili powder, salt and mash well with fork.

Mix well together and add more flour if required.

Heat oil and in the murukku press, add the dough and press out in hot oil.

When its cooked well, drain out in a kitchen towel.

Serve with tomato sauce.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


Priya Suresh June 6, 2015 at 7:52 PM  

Different chips, interesting one Valli..

Sarita June 6, 2015 at 9:34 PM  

Potato mutukulu looks yummy.

vaishali sabnani June 7, 2015 at 5:21 AM  

Thats an interesting one Valli ! I like these crunchy bites.

praba bubesh June 7, 2015 at 8:36 AM  

crispy potato chips..nice snack for kids...

Sapana Behl June 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM  

Those looks so addictive . I wish I would have that murukku maker to try some.

Harini-Jaya R June 7, 2015 at 9:27 PM  

I am sure they are very addictive.

Archana Potdar June 7, 2015 at 9:28 PM  

Wow what a differnt way of making fitter. Bookmarking

rajani June 8, 2015 at 3:06 AM  

These look good and would make an excellent evening snack.

Sherin Deepu June 8, 2015 at 8:15 PM  

With coffee they would go down in seconds

Kalyani June 9, 2015 at 8:56 AM  

Good series on fritters Valli ! These potato ones looks good...

Pavani N June 10, 2015 at 8:55 PM  

yumm, potato murukus look so crispy & delicious.

Usha June 12, 2015 at 5:09 AM  

Muruku look yummy. I tried these with gram flour and am sure these tasted very good.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan June 12, 2015 at 11:04 PM  

Such an interesting recipe Valli! Love the flavors :)

Padmajha PJ June 13, 2015 at 8:06 AM  

This is such an interesting recipe Srivalli, something that can be made when the kids want something quick and tasty!

Priya Srinivasan June 13, 2015 at 7:18 PM  

perfect snack for tea time!!!

Chef Mireille June 13, 2015 at 10:00 PM  

what a cool idea - making these with a press!

Sowmya :) June 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM  

So crunchy!!

veena krishnakumar June 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM  

Perfect srunchy snack!!

Suma Gandlur July 3, 2015 at 9:51 AM  

Must have been an yummy snack. These are like potato murukku, right? Then how come they don't stay crunchy when they cool down?

Srivalli July 3, 2015 at 11:33 AM  

Suma, Even I was surprised about it, since I was held up with something else I didn't take time to look into why it didn't say crispy. I had added enough rice flour as well. I think since the potato was more sweeter, it turned that way, I could be wrong..:)..but konda loved it when it was hot and it was crispy, will make it sometime again to check it out..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP