badge


Easy Oreo Truffles | 3 Ingredient Chocolate Truffle with Oreo Cookies

>>  Wednesday, June 10, 2015

We are starting the second week of BM#53, with me taking up a challenge to make a 3 Ingredient Dish. The dish could be anything that one can make, excluding the salt and oil. Depending on the amount you use, you could ignore chili flakes/chili powder. However not in all cases. Also sugar can be ignore if it is just a teaspoon that you add.

Given these conditions, I have been thinking hard on how to make something interesting for the kids, yet meet the clause. I remember making a Microwave Cake with Cream biscuits, I had wanted to use Oreo then. Since I didn't get it, I used some other cream biscuit. Still the taste was awesome.

I was struck with the thought I could simply use the Oreo biscuits to make some truffles. Since I had to use 3 ingredients, I was thinking what else to use other than Chocolate. I ruled out nuts as my kids won't touch them, even if coated with chocolates. I suddenly remembered the white chocolate cooking bar I had bought sometime ago. 



The image of a half bitten truffle that show off the dark coated by a white and finally encased by chocolate was floating in front of my eyes. I simply couldn't wait to wake up to make these. Best part of my Saturday was spent trying to get this done, though it hardly takes so much time. And Sunday trying to tell the boys that they need to portion the truffles.

It was a struggle to keep them away from the fridge. They simply loved it so much, not before they wanted to help me click pictures. The truffles ended up being big, I wish I had made smaller ones. I know it doesn't' matter anyways, as these would have disappeared quickly.

When I started making it, I had just the idea of coating the Oreo with white chocolate followed by a coating of milk chocolate. Only after crumbling, I realized that the cookie powder wasn't holding itself. So add the milk chocolate to it and froze. 

Then the white chocolate covered it. All these didn't actually take much time. This is really such a quick treat if you want to make for your kids.


While I don't really take very close up pictures, Konda is very fond of that shot. So the really close ones in this series are shot by her. 

This also goes for my Kids Delight event, hosted by Sandhya themed on Snacking all the way



3 Ingredient Chocolate Truffle with Oreo Cookies

Ingredients Needed:

Oreo chocolate cream Biscuits - 10 nos
Milk Chocolate - 3/4 cup
White chocolate - 1/2 cup

How to make the truffles

Remove the cream in between the biscuits. Coasly crush the biscuits to a fine powder.

Then mix in the cream. Try making balls and check if it holds.

Melt the milk chocolate and add half of the melted chocolate to the oreo mix. Make small balls and freeze.

Remove after 5 - 7 mins.

Roll in melted white chocolate and let it dry. You can either keep it at room temperature or freeze for 5 mins.

Then remove and roll it in melted milk chocolate. Repeat with all truffles and freeze or refregerate until serving.




Notes

You can use dark chocolate as well. If could even use cream to make balls.





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


20 comments :

Kushi S June 10, 2015 at 2:33 AM  

Its mouth watering!

vaishali sabnani June 10, 2015 at 4:32 AM  

Wow Valli the truffles are fantastic ! Love the ultimate chocolate bites , so well done !
The idea of double layers is fabulous and makes rhem so pretty too.

praba bubesh June 10, 2015 at 8:35 AM  

wow..looks just like store bought truffles...want to grab one...

Nivedhanams Sowmya June 10, 2015 at 8:59 AM  

looks awesome!!! beautiful layers and tempting truffles!!

sangeetha June 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM  

Truffle with oreo. Oh my looks tempting I am gonna try it this Sunday.

Pavani N June 10, 2015 at 8:54 PM  

What a tempting treat you got there Valli. I want to make them ASAP for my kids :-)

The Pumpkin Farm June 10, 2015 at 10:22 PM  

very intelligent idea of using white and dark chocolates gives a fantastic layered effect...the pictures are also pretty

Harini-Jaya R June 11, 2015 at 6:43 AM  

Very nicely done. I am sure they tasted great. I shall show this to my older one so she can make during her vacation :)

Suma Gandlur June 11, 2015 at 7:03 AM  

These chocolate bites sound decadent.

Sapana Behl June 12, 2015 at 2:04 AM  

What a wonderful treat for kids and adults too..Lovely !

Kalyani June 12, 2015 at 9:51 AM  

The chocolate layers have set so wel .. U must open a chocolate factory , Valli :) I think ur kids r find of it a lot

Priya Suresh June 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM  

Wish i get some truffles, i can grab and have some rite now, love that double layers..

Archana Potdar June 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM  

Valli you are killing me with your this delicious recipe. Wow my girls will go crazy with this.

Chef Mireille June 13, 2015 at 10:05 PM  

simply irresistible

Sowmya :) June 14, 2015 at 12:38 PM  

Looks delicious....I have to try it right away

Padmajha PJ June 14, 2015 at 4:22 PM  

The double chocolate layer is fantastic Srivalli! Such a sinful treat!!!

Varadas Kitchen June 15, 2015 at 7:01 AM  

What an awesome idea! Konda takes really nice pictures.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan June 15, 2015 at 7:17 AM  

Valli, This is so lovely :) Love the idea of doing the double coat with white and dark chocolate. Looks just like store bought ones!

Priya Srinivasan June 15, 2015 at 9:27 AM  

White and milk chocolate layer through that bite makes it very tempting valli. such a delicious and sinful treat!!!

sneha datar July 2, 2015 at 5:50 PM  

I am sure your kids must have loved these truffles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP