1 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Mug

>>  Sunday, May 10, 2015

We are starting the second week of BM#52, I will be doing some Cooking Substitutions. In this theme, I wanted all those dishes that can be cooked in alternate means, when the gadget or ingredient the original recipe requires is not with you. 

So if you don't have an oven, how will you make an instant cake or cookie press or a nozzle etc. I have used Murukku acchu for Piping, Paniyaram pan for Cakes, Pressure Cooker for Cakes. For today I have made a quick instant Nirvana with Chocolate cake in Microwave. 

Using Microwave for such quick cakes is easy for the instant craving and quick dessert. The one you see below was made for the photo and I made it again twice for the kids after they tasted it. 

While this blog is full of chocolate cakes, muffins and also Microwave versions, I thought I can't afford to check if I have made this proportion or not. Just to confirm I confirmed and noticed the proportions were different and also this was simply perfect for basic combinations.

This joins my Anniversary Mela

1 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Mug 

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Baking powder a pinch
Salt a tiny pinch
Milk - 4 -5 tbsp
Butter - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate chips - 1/4 cup (save some for garnishing)

How to make the instant Cake in Mug

In the serving bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking powder, butter and mix well. Add the chocolate chips. Garnish the chips on top.

MW for 30 Secs, stop and again MW for 30 secs.

Wait for a minute and serve right away.


First time I made without adding butter. So without butter also it turns out very good. However for that creaminess you can add butter.

Since I love dark chocolate effect, I added 2 tbsp, you can add 11/2 tbsp for less chocolate taste

Ensure you serve this right away, else it will become harder. This is meant to be served right way.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


Nivedhanams Sowmya May 10, 2015 at 4:07 PM  

wow the cake is looking so moist... looks delicious.. cannot get more quicker..

Priya Suresh May 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM  

Nothing can beat this quick MW cakes, loving it to the core.

Sandhiya May 11, 2015 at 12:26 PM  

That's actually super quick. Surely treat for chocolate lover.

Saraswathi Tharagaram May 12, 2015 at 7:17 PM  

Super quick dessert!! My elder one started to make by himself!! Can claim this has kids friendly too..

Pavani N May 13, 2015 at 11:54 PM  

Microwave desserts are such a blessing. They get done in no time and are great for those instant cravings.

Neela Manogar May 14, 2015 at 5:59 AM  

very nicely done quickly.

Chef Mireille May 14, 2015 at 6:55 AM  

looks scrumptiious although I havent been able to wrap my head around microwave cakes

sneha datar May 15, 2015 at 10:21 AM  

A yummy and quick cake.

Harini-Jaya R May 16, 2015 at 9:30 AM  

delicious and quick, right?

Suma Gandlur May 29, 2015 at 12:19 AM  

These MW cakes can be dubbed as instant gratification. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP