badge


Eggless Oats Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Spread

>>  Saturday, April 11, 2015

After all that peanut butter cookies in different avatar, I really didn't want to repeat. That was the whole reason of baking one impromptu. I was hoping on Friday evening to help me bake a new one for Saturday. Looks like I completely forgot that my family would want to watch a weekend movie and would not want me to miss it. Neither do I want to miss my family time.

So I had to give in and post the originally planned cookies. Anyway this cookie is different from the rest in the cookie recipe. I had spread the melted peanut butter on top. That was more for the effect than anything else. Also I was going on remembering how my BM Buddies were tempting me when we were talking about these addictive chips in whatsapp. I was controlling my urge to taste, while these ladies went on and on about how sinful and creamy those PB chips that Priya Srinivasan sent us.

Keeping that in mind, I really wanted to indulge in the ways these ladies were hinting. I actually didn't participate in that conversation, lest I confess that I still had my share intact. After all the experiment with different combination got over, this was the final one that I made.

The decoration you see, is a creation that Peddu came up with. During my entire cookies clicking, he was diligently standing next to me and sharing his thoughts on how I can set it up. He was calm as he had his share of cookies and was not interested on the ones being clicked. 

I seriously think that cookies have an advantage over cakes, as other than the ones on the plate, rest is free to be devoured and that's what happened. Whereas in a cake, you will insist on a full picture, than sliced, then a piece out and then suddenly you pop a piece or take a bite. During the entire process, I have three, sometimes four eager faces, looking expectantly at me, hoping I get the business done, and they can get on it. Imagine their surprise, when suddenly they see me take a bite!


Many a times, I have heard groans coming around me, expressing disbelief that I actually tasted before they could do. I pacify them saying that I am not tasting and I can't even taste. They will be the first to let me know how that cake tasted. Well I have to lie through my teeth right, for clicking a cake in different poses!

A cookie saves me all that hassle! I save 3 or 4, ask Konda to do the honors of passing it around.

As the background that I just shared gets done behind me, I patiently try to move around to click. This slow pace clicking happens only with cookies or cakes, never with regular food. As with that, the family is already at the table for their meal! 

If you are wondering at the pictures being different from my usual ones, well I hope you like them!


Eggless Oats Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Spread

Ingredients Needed:

All Purpose Flour/ Maida - 3/4 cup
Oats flour - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 -3 tbsp
Butter - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp or as required
EnerG - 1 tbsp mixed with 3 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Bittersweet Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup
Dark chocolate Chip - 1/2 cup
Peanut Butter Chips - 1/2 cup

How to make Eggless Oats Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Spread

Take the Oats and grind it to a fine flour. Sieve and collect the fine flour from grounded oats.

In a bowl, take the flours, along with sugar and mix well. 

Add in the cocoa powder and mix well. Add the enerG mix and knead again.

If the dough is still crumbly, slowly add the milk and add just enough that it holds. Then add in the dark and bittersweet chocolate chips and mix well. 

Pinch out small balls and flatten them. you can create designs on top by pressing it with fork or other cookie cutters.

Pre Heat the oven at 185 C and bake for 15 - 20 mins.

Allow to cool 

MW the peanut butter chips for 30 secs, quickly beat it to get a spread. When the cookies are cooled down, spread a teaspoon of the PB over the cookie and let it cool 


With this I am done with Cookies for the Week 2. See on with another theme from Monday!




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51



21 comments :

Suma Gandlur April 11, 2015 at 1:58 AM  

If I am right, the pictures are taken close up / more clear in that collages especially. I have never eaten cookies with peanut butter on top. Chocolate - Peanut butter combo sound interesting.

Usha April 11, 2015 at 5:12 AM  

So now everyone might want cookies as they do not have to wait for you to click. Cookies are tempting with that peanut butter spread

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 11, 2015 at 8:53 AM  

That is super tempting... Peanut butter spread adds a lot of excitement

Gayathri Kumar April 11, 2015 at 2:43 PM  

I love the peanut butter spread on top. Looks so inviting. I am really enjoying your cookie treats this week...

Priya Suresh April 11, 2015 at 3:45 PM  

My god, please dont kill me with peanut butter again, am keeping myself away from both nutella and peanut butter..So many complaints about me at home u know, as am a sucker of both nutella and peanut butter...Cookies are fabulous.

Priya Srinivasan April 11, 2015 at 10:45 PM  

Thanks for enjoying the PB chips valli!! would love to bring you all some more if you guys liked it so much!!! Cookies look stunning,love the way it is served with spread on top!! :)

Pavani N April 12, 2015 at 5:22 AM  

You have packed this marathon so far with tons of peanut butter chip recipes. I've loved them all and would love to try each and every one of them :-)

Varadas Kitchen April 12, 2015 at 7:01 AM  

Cookies look great with the spread. Only a blogger knows the woes of clicking pictures while everyone waits for the food.

Kalyani April 12, 2015 at 1:10 PM  

Varada cudnt have said it better :-))

these PB chips coated cookies looks good valli !

Padmajha PJ April 12, 2015 at 3:02 PM  

Rightly said Srivalli, cookies can be passed around till the ones on the plate are clicked!And the spread is a wonderful addiction to the cookies!

vaishali sabnani April 13, 2015 at 7:28 AM  

We got to thank Priya first for sending these chips:) next you to make such wonderful use of them. Well baked delicious cookies.

Srividhya April 13, 2015 at 10:43 PM  

great cookies and love the peanut butter spread

Harini-Jaya R April 13, 2015 at 10:57 PM  

Chocolate and peanut butter seems to be a super hit combo at your place.. They look cute!

Nalini's Kitchen April 13, 2015 at 11:43 PM  

Cookies with chocolate and peanut butter spread sounds interesting..

rajani April 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM  

The boon of not working is that I can plan and click before everyone is back home. But if I am baking on weekends, cookies are way easier than cakes for the same reason you described.

sneha datar April 15, 2015 at 8:39 PM  

Yummy and finger licking peanut butter cookies.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan April 21, 2015 at 7:52 PM  

Cookies are the best candidates for pictures as we will have many to pass around and yet happily take pictures :) Never tasted a cookie with peanut butter spread. Peanut lovers would totally love this!

Archana Potdar April 25, 2015 at 8:46 PM  

Valli my share of Priya Sri's chocolate chips are still intact...!!!!! :D:D Wish I had some more smilies .
Bookmarking these now I am free to drool over the recipe.

veena krishnakumar May 3, 2015 at 6:06 PM  

The cookies with the peanut butter on top looks so delicious!!

Saraswathi Tharagaram May 5, 2015 at 5:42 AM  

Super yummy cookies!! I know how hard to save some for taking pictures!! with kids around :)

Ruchi Indu May 7, 2015 at 11:46 AM  

Peanut butter spread looks tempting..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP