badge


Eggless Honey Banana Wheat Loaf | How to make Eggless Honey Banana Wheat Loaf

>>  Friday, April 3, 2015

Continuing with my Quick Breads, I decided to try my hands with a Banana Bread again. All my previous bakes with banana, be it plain muffins or with chocolates, were made with all purpose flour completely. I not only wanted that typical mildly sweet, tea cake types, that was also healthy in terms of flour. Though I am not too deep into avoiding all purpose flour all the time, I did think I went overboard with my maida purchase.

So just to make myself feel better I decided to make a quick bread that I saw in Gayathri's space. I even went ahead and added just a tablespoon of flour in the recipe and baked for a longer time. The resultant quick bread was so delicious. I was in a haste to taste it and couldn't stop with just one. Surprisingly even my chocoholic boys loved it and that's a big thing!

This is so totally healthy and won't mind repeating it again for regular week day snack for the school. However this tastes great when it is slightly warm.


I don't normally prefer to use white vinegar and always replace it with Apple Cider. I personally feel the bakes end up better with apple cider than vinegar. I also used only 4 tbsp of butter instead of 6 tbsp. I am sure the extra two tbsp would have added to the taste. However since I was anyway going to healthy I wanted to cut all corners! 

I was so happy with the end loaf. I somehow don't like the banana flavour much in the baked dish, even though I have baked some in the past. Mostly other than tasting to see how it does, I leave it to either Konda or Hubby dear. 


the most quickest of all 

We are on the third day of Baking Mega BM, with one more I will be wrapping this quick bread theme, though there will be other quick breads too!







Eggless Honey Banana Wheat Loaf

Wheat Flour- 1 cup
All Purpose Flour - 1/8 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 1/4 cup
Powdered Sugar / Castor Sugar - 1/3 cup
Honey - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Banana - 1 (While mashed it should measure 1/2 cup)
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup + 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

How to make eggless Honey Banana Wheat Loaf

In a bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar and honey and keep on beating until soft and fluffy.

Make a puree of the banana and add baking soda to the puree, and whisk well. 

Add the frothy banana to butter mixture and whisk well. If the mixture looks curdled, its fine.

Sift together flour (I added just a tablespoon of flour), wheat flour, salt and baking powder.

Add milk and vinegar in a separate bowl.

Add milk mixture and flour mixture alternately to the butter mixture and fold the batter. Do not over mix.

Grease and dust a loaf pan measuring 8″*3 pan.

Pour the batter into the pan and level the top.

Preheat oven to 170 C.

Bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes or until the loaf passes the tooth pick test.

Remove from oven and let it sit on counter for 5 minutes.

Remove the loaf from pan and allow it to cool on wire rack.

Slice and serve.


Notes:

Instead of 1/8 tbsp of all purpose flour, I used only 1 tbsp.

I replaced Apple cider to regular vinegar. I also used only 4 tbsp of butter instead of 6 tbsp.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51



26 comments :

Usha April 3, 2015 at 12:19 AM  

The loaf is so simple and looks fancy with all that rough edges.

Priya Suresh April 3, 2015 at 12:44 AM  

Prefect whole wheat loaf to kick start a day..

Foodiliciousnan April 3, 2015 at 1:35 AM  

There you are not looking banana based bakes, whereas it is one if my favourites. In fact whenever a banana starts to turn black, my mil automatically puts in the freezer saying, you'll be baking banana cake soon na! Anyway it's good that the kids loved it. It is such a healthy snack really!

Srividhya April 3, 2015 at 2:47 AM  

yet another lovely bread. Loving this series.

vaishali sabnani April 3, 2015 at 4:51 AM  

Bananas are excellent in baking though I seldom use because of the typical taste that they lend, but if the boys have approved I am sure the bread must be a hit and even i would love to try :)

mykitchentrials April 3, 2015 at 7:58 AM  

I am on the same lines as Nandini's MIL. The minute its over ripe it goes to the freezer directly! I love the flavor a looot :-)

The Pumpkin Farm April 3, 2015 at 8:37 AM  

i know what you mean about the bananas...it indeed stands out no matter what you add to it..but one of my bread this time worked wonders, i realised if you eat the cake after refrigerating it for one day it tastes better, nevertheless this combination of honey and banana seems a healthy one

Sandhya Ramakrishnan April 3, 2015 at 8:40 AM  

Lovely loaf and simply love the flavor of honey and banana in the bread! Perfect recipe for overripe bananas :)

Priya Srinivasan April 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM  

Bread looks yum, we too are big fans of banana breads!i have one lined up for next week!!

Padma Rekha April 3, 2015 at 2:56 PM  

I don't like bananas but am trying to include it in my bakes. I too have a banana bread recipe which I used eggs in it, will try this next time. Your bread looks great.

Varadas Kitchen April 3, 2015 at 5:20 PM  

Agree with you. The flavor of banana does come through all the flavors. I try not to use banana when I bake.

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 3, 2015 at 9:22 PM  

Delicious bread..I also prefer cider over vinegar and am always looking for healthy bakes...

Harini-Jaya R April 3, 2015 at 10:12 PM  

Looks very good, Valli.
My older one is like you. She can smell banana from a mile in a bake :)

Pavani N April 4, 2015 at 4:35 AM  

I love banana bread recipes because I always have ripe bananas on hand. Your bread looks yummy with wholewheat flour and honey.

Saraswathi Tharagaram April 4, 2015 at 6:50 AM  

Wow that looks insanely good! I have to try making that soon.

Nalini's Kitchen April 4, 2015 at 9:20 AM  

Simple yet delicious and flavorful loaf...

Padmajha PJ April 4, 2015 at 10:25 AM  

Bananas in bakes are always a hit at home. Nice to see that you have added honey. Will have to bake this.Have some frozen banana in the freezer :).Btw, the bread looks so rustic....

Gayathri Kumar April 4, 2015 at 11:03 AM  

I love banana flavour in bakes but hate to combine it with chocolate. The rustic look of the loaf is so lovely. And such a moist crumb!!

Suja Ram April 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM  

I love Banana cakes and am sure this Bread will also be a superhit among Banana lovers.

Suma Gandlur April 5, 2015 at 8:03 AM  

Would be a great breakfast option. We love banana breads and I baked a loaf for this marathon too.

veena krishnakumar April 5, 2015 at 4:35 PM  

I love the flavour of bananas in my bakes. And I must try this one too. Too many bookmarks to try!

Kalyani April 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM  

delicious loaf !! and healthy too :)

Sandhya Ramakrishnan April 7, 2015 at 4:38 AM  

I love bananas in bakes and this is such a perfect vehicle for over riped bananas :)

sneha datar April 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM  

Perfect banana bread and a healthy one too.

Archana Potdar April 22, 2015 at 9:17 PM  

Delicious loaf Valli especially since you say the boys liked it.

Ruchi Indu May 6, 2015 at 11:38 AM  

I have one full (kolai) banana waiting to ripen. This would be a good one to start with. This bread sounds healthy too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP