Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Ener-G Egg Replacer

Let me confess upfront that there is no dearth of basic chocolate chip cookies in my blogs or in the blogosphere! Yes then you can question me why I should make another, right? Well I have my reasons. 

I actually checked my own versions to list out here and the list goes like this!

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Eggless Chocolate base with chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate Cookies with Shortening
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Yogurt and Brown sugar
Finally a typical Chocolate Chip Cookies with milk

And some more left out from this list or else I know you might simply not read any further.

I am might be bored too, however my kids never get bored and so you will get to read about all of them!..

Anyway this particular occasion, as I was sending across cookies for my niece and nephew, after all that peanut effect, I had to send me them some regular ones as well right. So decided to make simple chocolate chip cookies. However I was still remembering that I need to bake more cookies and the need to try a new version kicked in.

For this version, I used the EnerG along with brown sugar, with loads of bittersweet chocolate chip and dark chocolate chip. So the final cookie tasted different from other versions that I have posted. It's good to have a choice, even if you are limited to just chocolates right?



Though I have used the EnerG a lot in cakes, this was the first time I am using in a cookie. The texture was so delicious. It was crispy outside, chewy inside and you have those frequent bites in those chocolate chips. This batch of bittersweet chocolate chip and dark chocolate chip were new add-ons when I had gone shopping with my buddies during our BM #50 meet.

And ever since I have been using these, kids would come in and ask if they can eat it as such. Since the sparklers are still so much, I decided I would give them to eat as such or else the stock never seem to get over!

As I was really hurrying with the bakes before hubby dear would leave, I had to quickly click pictures and my kids were only too happy to help!


Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Ener-G Egg Replacer

Ingredients Needed:


All Purpose Flour/ Maida - 1 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup
White Granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
EnerG - 1 tbsp mixed with 3 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Bittersweet Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup
Dark chocolate Chip - 1/2 cup


How to make Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Ener-G Egg Replacer

In a bowl, take the flour, along with sugars and mix well. Then add in the chocolate chips and mix well. 

Mix in enerG with water and whisk well.

Slowly add the enerG and knead to a dough. Pinch out small balls and flatten them. you can create designs on top by pressing it with fork or other cookie cutters.

Pre Heat the oven at 185 C and bake for 15 - 20 mins.

Allow to cool and serve with milk.






Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51


An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , , , , , ,