Cheesy Herb Stuffed Buns

>>  Wednesday, April 15, 2015

After two basic buns, it was turn to make some variations with the buns. So I decided to stuff the buns with different options and check out how it would taste. These buns again didn't brown well on top, however the taste was awesome. I keep wondering why some buns don't brown well on top. But I gave up to think further on this topic!

When I had done with baking this, I had kept it aside for it to cool down. However Peddu was waiting impatiently to devour these. I had tough time thinking on how to plate these, the moment I was done, I only had a glimpse of it, before everything vanished! 

I know the stuffing isn't so different and I kept it very simple as I was experimenting on my kids taste. I was so glad they loved it!

Cheesy Herb Stuffed Buns

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose Flour - 1 cup
Warm Water - 1/3 cup
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Instant Yeast - 1 tsp
Mozzarella Cheese cubes, 1" about 1/2 
Red Chili flakes - 1 tbsp
Dry Italian Herb mix - 2 tbsp
Butter for top

How to make Cheesy Herb Stuffed Buns

In a bowl, take the flour along with all the other ingredients. Mix well to form a soft dough. Knead for 10 mins and let it rest. If using active dry yeast, you will have to proof it.

Cling wrap the bowl and let it rise. When it doubles its size, deflate it slowly and pinch out balls. 

Press in middle, place the cheese cubes, sprinkle red chili flakes, dried herbs and enclose well. Complete with all the balls. 

Place the balls on a greased baking tray and let it rise again.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C and bake for 25 - 30 mins or till done.

Brush the top with butter and let it cool it down

Serve warm.


Usha April 15, 2015 at 12:20 AM  

Looking at the collage, I thought you also used potatoes for the stuffing. Mozzarella and herbs stuffing must have tasted wonderful.

As for the photography section on my blog, I have one in Thursday's post.

Suma Gandlur April 15, 2015 at 1:59 AM  

Seems like these cheese stuffed buns would be a hit with kids.

Varadas Kitchen April 15, 2015 at 4:56 AM  

I can just imagine the taste of the melted cheese inside the bun. So good!

vaishali sabnani April 15, 2015 at 5:54 AM  

The buns vanished , doesn't that say it all? They look nice and spongy and a simple stuffing is the one which is perhaps the favourite of all.

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 15, 2015 at 8:51 AM  

Buns vanished-that makes it so clear ad to how tasty and delicious they were

Rajani S April 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM  

Add cheese to anything and it will sell so easily ;-). No wonder it got over so fast.

Priya Suresh April 16, 2015 at 1:09 AM  

Name of bun itself is very attractive, cheese and herbs watesle we need, incredible they are.

Srividhya April 16, 2015 at 8:28 PM  

Amazing Valli. My next todo is these buns only. Any kind of bun. I want to tame the yeast

Pavani N April 17, 2015 at 7:51 AM  

Yumm, yumm!! Cheese stuffed buns are just so tempting and delicious.

Nalini's Kitchen April 17, 2015 at 5:26 PM  

Yummy looking cheese stuffed would love it.

Padmajha PJ April 17, 2015 at 8:22 PM  

Sometimes even the buns I bake don't brown well! I keep wondering why!But the filling here sounds so delicious and the fact that it disappeared fast speaks volumes of the taste :)

Kalyani April 18, 2015 at 8:40 AM  

Great stuffing for buns ! Not too many takers for cheesy stuff at my end but those look delish ! For browning, try a mixture of warm milk and sugar / corn starch wash .. And some broiler mode at the end . I heard even adding gluten develops a slightly browned top, but I haven't tried it

sneha datar April 18, 2015 at 9:17 PM  

So cheesy and flavorful buns,tempting.

Harini-Jaya R April 20, 2015 at 5:35 AM  

The filling sounds so yumm.

Gayathri Kumar April 22, 2015 at 4:04 PM  

The cheese stuffing sounds absolutely delicious. Have you tried brushing the rolls with milk before placing them in Oven? I usually get a nice colour with milk wash...

Priya Srinivasan April 25, 2015 at 12:35 AM  

Nice stuffing valli!! Try brushing with milk +oil valli. When you mix milk + oil you get a creamy liquid, i use that to get a good golden brown top for breads/buns.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan April 27, 2015 at 8:22 PM  

Cheese stuffed buns are ever favorite. I have tried many fillings but this remains the best of all. I use just milk on top and get the brown color. Maybe try using milk with more fat content or cream.

Archana Potdar May 3, 2015 at 8:59 PM  

These too look so awesome and the fact they disappeared is a pat on the back for the chef.

Saraswathi Tharagaram May 5, 2015 at 5:48 AM  

Scrumptious buns with tempting filling!! There are so soft and spongy!!

Ruchi Indu May 8, 2015 at 9:31 AM  

Cheesy cheesy buns must be a hit!!!! Getting that brown color is a problem for me also...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP