30 Minute Dinner Rolls ~ Step by Step Pictures to make Rolls under 30 Min!

After the Tangzong style Pav, I was trying another similar dinner roll, this promises to have your rolls done in 30 mins. It was a temptation too hard to pass. I always remember Oscar Wilde, when I think about temptation. "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation..

So its not everyday I find something so tempting, however breads, especially yeasted breads fall squarely in this category. When I was reading up the recipe, I was already imagining so many other things that I could do. My family is not a bread eating family at most times. Except Hubby dear and Chinnu, rest of us can simply eat a bread as we move around. Chinnu has not tasted bread till now.

Every year he says he will start next year and after coming to 4th standard, he did promise he will. With great difficulty I got him to eat pizzas. I know many would say that it's good thing that he is off white flour. I understand that and don't actually force him. However it's not everyday we eat pizzas, be it ordered or homemade. When it is homemade, I surely want all at home to try and enjoy what I have made. I feel bad when one kid is not enjoying what obviously the other two does. 

Another factor will be getting his dinner sorted. When he sees his siblings enjoy their dinner, he sulks and wants noodles which I again want to avoid giving. I also look at the eating together feeling. Previously when he was not eating pizzas, it used to be so hard to look at him sulking. Now all three gang together and enjoy it so much. Even if white flour is not so good, I think anything in moderation is fine.

I don't think he will get used to the breads anytime sooner, while I have the elder two enjoying everything. These dinner rolls were eaten just as such and didn't want for anything to be served along!



I know these buns again had the missing golden crust on top. I was wondering about it. Also the original recipe asked to make balls and let it rise, while I had to attend to something else and got back to this after 10 mins. So the dough rose in between, I deflated it again to make the balls. Maybe that was the reason for the browning not happening. However the taste was good, so was the texture.







30 Minute Rolls

Ingredients Needed

All purpose flour - 3& 1/2 cups
Warm water - 1 cup plus 2 tbsp 
Olive oil - 1/3 cup 
Instant yeast - 4 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1 tsp 
Egg replacer - 1 tbsp mixed in 3 tbsp

How to make 30 mins Dinner roll

Preheat oven to 200C degrees.

To the flour, add the oil, yeast, and sugar and salt, egg replacer.

Knead well for 10 mins, till the dough becomes soft. 

Shape dough into 12 balls and let rest for 10 minutes.

Place rolls in a greased 9x13 pan or baking sheet. Bake at 200 C degrees for 10 minutes until tops are golden brown. Makes 1 dozen.


Notes:

The salt given in the original recipe was not enough and I added 1/2 tsp extra. The original recipe also uses stand mixer, while I kneaded with hands.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51

An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,