badge


Vegetarian Burger with Tofu Patties | How to make Tofu Patty Burger

>>  Tuesday, March 10, 2015

We are starting the second week of BM#50 today. I will be sharing some of the dishes listed under American Sandwiches. when I landed first in this listing, I was so excited that one could have a choice of so many variations. I actually didn't look deeper. I was all for taking up this theme and infact even thought I might do it twice.

However when it was time to short list some of the dishes, I was shocked to note that there hardly was much choice for vegetarians. I must have went up and down the same list some 10 times, before concluding that I have landed myself in a soup. Most of the vegetarian options I have already blogged about.

Still I was hopeful something will turn out good. I decided that maybe I could do a new veggie patty with more vegetables included. That further helped me arriving at with some ideas.

What you will be reading about for the next three days are my take on what I read from the list. I have made sure I wasn't indiazising the dish. I can't help if something sneaked in. 


Since I realized that kids are not very keen on Tofu, I decided it will help if I try to sneak it through something. It worked as the patties I made for the burger were with Tofu and nobody found it out. I had declared that it was going to be burgers for dinner. I always think I shouldn't declare, as I find the kids after me forever to get it done. Still I end up doing it, maybe as an encouragement for myself. So finally I made it for dinner.

Peddu was so excited and loved every bit of it. I had added peas forgetting that he doesn't like it. Seeing it, he was saying he doesn't want peas ones. I again had to hid them in the burger! The way my kids force me to hide things in their food, makes me wonder how they will ever get to like everything.

Anyway I was happy they altleast ate their burgers without complaints.





Vegetarian Burger with Tofu Patties

Homemade Burger Buns
Cucumber slices
Onion Slices
Eggless Mayonnaise Sauce
Cheese slices
Tomato Ketchup


For the Tofu patties

Tofu, grated - 1 cup
Boiled Potato, mashed - 1/2 cup
Fresh Peas - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Green Chili paste - 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Red Chili flakes - 1/2 tsp


How to make the Burgers

Slit through the burger buns in the middle, toast if you like with butter.

For the Tofu Patties

MW tofu with enough water for a min, squeeze and grate it.

MW Potato for 4 mins, soak in water and peel skin. mash well.

Blanch fresh peas in MW for 2 mins.

In a bowl, take all the ingredients for tofu, and mix well. Knead intot a stiff dough. Divide into equal balls, and make patties by pan frying it.

Ensure to cook on both sides till the patties turn crispy


When you are ready to assemble, toast the burger buns,

Place the cheese slice on the bottom bun, place the tofu burger on top, then place the veggies on it.

Spead the mayo on the top slice, drill some ketchup on the patties before pressing down.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


14 comments :

vaishali sabnani March 10, 2015 at 12:38 PM  

Valli remember even I wanted to do two weeks and after going through that list , it got difficult to work on one. Anyway love the way you sneak in veggies and the kids eat up . Definitely a good mom:)

Nivedhanams Sowmya March 10, 2015 at 8:41 PM  

Such a healthy and delicious one... Nice way to sneak in healthy stuff...

Sandhya Ramakrishnan March 11, 2015 at 7:34 PM  

Burgers are perfect vehicles to sneak in anything that kids do not like. Lovely burgers :)

Priya Suresh March 12, 2015 at 12:46 AM  

That patties makes me drool Valli, burger looks absolutely stunning.Best way to sneak veggies and tofu this way.

Varadas Kitchen March 12, 2015 at 4:23 AM  

I too looked through the list and could not find anything either. A nice variation of the burger patti.

sushma March 12, 2015 at 5:56 PM  

Burger looks perfect...mouth watering here...

Harini-Jaya R March 13, 2015 at 6:56 PM  

I also make these patties with no specific recipe, just throw in whatever is available and it turns out good as a burger patty. My older one surely will go for it!

Sapana Behl March 14, 2015 at 12:35 AM  

Tofu patties looks so wonderful . My family love tofu and i will definitely try them. bookmarking

sneha datar March 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM  

The burgers are tempting and mouthwatering.

Pavani N March 16, 2015 at 4:33 AM  

Wow, burger patties with tofu sounds delicious. Will have to try these some time.

Suja Ram March 16, 2015 at 7:21 AM  

Protein rich Tofu patties look great. Beautiful pics as well.

Padmajha PJ March 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM  

What all we do to make kids eat the stuffs they don't like!And this sounds like a nice way to sneak in all the good stuffs.Good one Srivalli...

Suma Gandlur March 16, 2015 at 10:10 PM  

I too went thru the list twice to make sure that I am not picking the theme for the right reason.:) However I saw that Pavani came up with beautiful recipes under the 'Sandwich' theme.
A nice way you picked to sneak in healthy stuff to feed the picky ones.

Nisha Sundar March 18, 2015 at 7:51 AM  

Patties look wonderful and glad your kids liked it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP