Strawberry Shrikhand | How to make Strawberry Shrikhand ~ 3 Ingredient Recipe

>>  Thursday, March 26, 2015

Well yes you read it right. My clueless brain finally decided a shrikhand with strawberry was going to be the next 3 ingredient recipe, especially a dessert! Ever since I have tasted a shrikhand, I have been in love with it. Knowing my love for curds, it's only natural that I love this form of curds as well.

However I have kept myself to the regular forms of Shirkhand. Name it and I have it! Be it the Classic Version of ShrikhandAamrakhandAlmond Pista Shrikhand, Almond Shrikhand, or the very fancy Chocolate Shrikhand. I thought I shouldn't extend myself anymore, however when I was really low in ideas for a delicious dessert, given my own rule of making it with 2 or 3 ingredients, I had to think beyond my normal scope of things. Yes that's when I thought the strawberries, that seem to be a frequent dweller in our refrigerator, because Peddu loves these, would be a great option.

I thought I would get hung curds to do the trick and infact got the hung curds ready couple of days back. And set it in fridge. I was surprised that the strawberries that I added to the hung curds along with sugar, the taste was so good. It wasn't tart or sour, as I was expecting, everything got blended so well.
I served these in single servings as I wasn't sure how each might like it. Even otherwise from my previous experience, I know that it's always best to serve individual shots of these shrikhand.

Sending this to Nisha, who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on Beat the Heat

Strawberry Shrikhand

Ingredient Needed:

Hung Curds - 1 cup
Strawberries, hulled - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3 -4 tsp

How to make the Strawberry Shrikhand.

Make hung curds and refrigerate.  When ready to make, wash and hull the strawberries. Blend the strawberries along with sugar and add the hung curds finally.

Adjust sweetness as required and chill till serving.


You can use Icing sugar instead of sugar.
You could use milk to blend if it's difficult to get smooth purée. Then it becomes 4 ingredient recipe..:)

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


Nivedhanams Sowmya March 26, 2015 at 11:47 PM  

Oh the cute heart serving bowls. Looks so tempting and cute...

Suma Gandlur March 27, 2015 at 1:05 AM  

All varieties of shrikhand are welcome here. :)

Sarita March 27, 2015 at 4:46 AM  

strawberry shirkhand looks really cute in those cups. Nice easy recipe.

Ruchi Indu March 27, 2015 at 8:09 AM  

Those cups are too lovely... Nice combo blue and pink

sneha datar March 27, 2015 at 2:28 PM  

Lovely color of the shrikhand.

Varadas Kitchen March 27, 2015 at 5:08 PM  

I love shrikhand and I am sure this flavor will be delicious.

Srividhya March 27, 2015 at 8:26 PM  

cute little bowls.. I always thought shrikand as a big process.

Padmajha PJ March 27, 2015 at 10:14 PM  

Must have tasted awesome.Need to try this before the strawberry season ends

sushma March 27, 2015 at 11:46 PM  

Looks delicious in those heart shaped cups.

vaishali sabnani March 28, 2015 at 5:57 AM  

The individual servings always look attractive . The set up is catchy and pretty.

Pavani N March 28, 2015 at 6:17 AM  

Love your colorful shrikand and love your cute little heart shaped molds too.

Harini-Jaya R March 29, 2015 at 5:15 AM  

Love the pretty pink color of shrikhand!

Priya Suresh March 30, 2015 at 1:08 AM  

Pretty attractive pinky shrikhand, very pleasing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP