How to make Club Sandwich | Club Sandwich ~ Indian Style

For the final day under American Sandwiches, I am forced to come up with a fusion dish. I read that club sandwiches are listed and since I have sort of already shared a typical American Club Sandwich, I thought a slight modification to the dish might warrant some interest too. There are times when I think I should try to avoid potatoes. However much I try, I seem to end up using it often. For all my not so liked potatoes, I do use it a lot, atleast for the kid friendly dishes.

This club sandwich was made on one of those marathon cooking I have on weekends. Especially when Hubby dear is on tour, I end up making all those that kids love and other elders at home wont mind eating. So it was a day of sandwiches, with different sandwich being made. All of us enjoyed our sandwich dinners and especially the grilled version turned out great.

I have clicked both fresh breads and grilled version too. No complains from any!

When I was going through the different Classic Club Sandwiches, I realised I might have to do something very similar to the many layers of meat and sauces that are included. So I decided to make my Sandwich chutney and an equalatent of patties.

Vegetarian Club Sandwiches

For the Bread

Bread slices
Salted Butter for toasting

For the Sandwich spread / Chutney

Mint leaves - 1 cup tightly packed
coriander leaves - 1 cup tightly packed
Roasted Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Green chilies - 2 medium
Lemon juice - 2 tsp

For the potato layer

Boiled Potato - 1 cup
Fresh peas - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Chili flakes as per taste
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp

Soft butter
Cucumber Slices
Onion Slices
Cheese Slices

How to make the Club Sandwich

Wash and chop the green leaves. Grind to a paste along with peanuts and then add oil to get a smooth paste. Finally add lemon juice and keep it aside.

For the Potato layer,

Blach the fresh peas for 5 mins.

MW the potato for 4 -5 mins, soak and peel. Mash well. Heat a non stick pan, add oil and add the mashed potato.

Now add the fresh peas along with salt and chili flakes. Finally add the cumin powder.

Combine everything well and crumble well.

Toast the bread slices with salt butter,

On one slice, spread the potato mix, place the onions and cheese slice on it. Press another slice on this.

On another toasted slice, spread butter and spread the green chutney on it.

Place cucumber evenly and turn this on the other batch.

Finally on a how griddle, add butter, and place this sandwich and quickly press and remove.

Cut and serve!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , , ,