Baby Corn Beans Sandwich Wrap | Easy Breakfast Recipes for Kids

>>  Thursday, March 12, 2015

While I had got two dishes done under American Sandwiches, making sure the recipes stay true to the cuisine. However it is very difficult when your crowd you are making is not so tuned to all the tastes and would not be a willing party. And there is that fact that I may not actually do that without consciously making a fusion.

Anyway today's dish was decided after great difficulty. Infact I was reeking my brains on what else I could make a vegetarian out of the dishes listed out. Until Pavani posted her Sandwich wrap, it so cunningly escaped my sight. I hurried checked the list again and lo, there it was listed towards the end and I seem to have looked past it.

I made a tortilla base and had the ridiculous thought of thinking how it might be if I say this tortilla was my international flatbread. I know boomsticks might follow, even if not, I don't think I can ever do that. Trust me, after getting to know about tortillas, I have literally read through many recipes to find if it was different from what we make in our cuisine. I decided it can't be any different, even though called differently.

I decided to simply make a wrap with those tortillas and a stuffing. I didn't have enough time to read why this was called sandwich wrap, when we have a category called wraps! Well I didnt have time to complain as well. So presenting to you a wrap with beans, spring onions, and shredded baby corn. Konda enjoyed this meal and wanted more. She loves anything with cheese.

Baby Corn Beans Sandwich Wrap

Ingredients Needed:

For the Tortillas

Wheat flour - 1 cup
water to knead

For the stuffing

Shredded baby corn - 1/4 cup
Boiled beans - 1/4 cup
Spring onions - 1/4 cup
Onion, julinnes - 1/4 cup
Mayo sauce
Red Chili flakes
Cheese, grated - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Olive oil - 1 tsp

How to make Wraps.

Knead the flour to a stiff and pliable dough. Let it rest for 10 mins. Then roll out as thin tortillas. Keep it aside.

For the stuffing

Heat a non stick pan with olive oil, saute chopped onions from spring onions, onion, beans and baby corn. Saute for 5 - 7 mins till done.

To assemble the wrap"

Spread the tortilla on a plate, on it spread mayo sauce, sprinkle grated cheese. Spread the stuffing on it evently and quickly wrap it.

Cut in middle and serve

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


Mayuri Patel March 12, 2015 at 12:22 AM  

a healthy tasty wrap. Love the idea of adding baby corn. Usually I add sweet corn.

Priya Suresh March 12, 2015 at 12:50 AM  

Wrap looks absolutely filling and very interesting, loved all those veggies went inside the wrap.

Varadas Kitchen March 12, 2015 at 4:53 AM  

Your wrap filling looks really good.

Amrita Roy March 12, 2015 at 4:55 PM  

colorful from inside and healthy as a whole

Sapana Behl March 14, 2015 at 12:40 AM  

Very nice filling for the wraps. Good choice..

sneha datar March 14, 2015 at 9:49 PM  

A healthy and filling wrap.

Pavani N March 16, 2015 at 4:32 AM  

What a cheesy and veggie filled wrap Valli. Looks very tempting.

Suja Ram March 16, 2015 at 6:55 AM  

Healthy and a filling wrap.Perfect for kids too!

Padmajha PJ March 16, 2015 at 9:18 AM  

What's not to love in this wrap!! So filling and delicious!!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan March 17, 2015 at 12:18 AM  

Wrap or sandwich or both, just love what you have presented!

Harini-Jaya R March 17, 2015 at 2:35 AM  

Lovely filling for the sandwich, Valli.

Nisha Sundar March 18, 2015 at 7:46 AM  

Love that filling... Wonderful flavours it has... And I love that last pic Valli...

Priya Srinivasan March 18, 2015 at 7:47 PM  

Me too thought the same and avoided this tortilla valli. But the idea of filling it didn't strike me!! Wrap looks yum!

Suma Gandlur March 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM  

The filling definitely appeals to kids and your wrap gave me an idea for my dinner tonight. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP