badge


Corn Spinach Cheese Toast | Easy Grilled Toast with Corn, Spinach

>>  Thursday, February 19, 2015

For the final day of making Colourful dishes for kids, I ended up making yet another simple toast. Well I can't really help as my kids are so picky and making some elaborate dish, which they will not eat, doesn't make any sense. So I felt making their regular toasts with extra colourful ingredients, should take care.

In this toast, I used spinach for green. Other than Palak Paneer, my kids don't eat any other greens and in any other form. So before making this, I told them that I will be using toasted spinach and they were ok with it. Corn kernals was the regular butter corn. So all in all it was a dish that was cooked with their knowledge and both Konda and Peddu loved it.

Sending this to my Kids Delight, event, hosted by Varada, who has called for all colourful dishes, approved by kids.

Corn Spinach Cheese Toast 

Ingredients Needed:

Bread Slices - 4
Butter - 2 tsp
Cheese, grated
Boiled Corn,
Spinach
Red Chili flakes
Tomato ketchup

How to make the Toast

Wash and chop the spinach finely. Toast it with a tsp of oil in a pan, till all moisture leaves. Keep it aside. Toss boiled sweet corn in butter, season with salt and spice.

Heat a tawa and toast the bread with butter on both sides till crisp.

Then on the top, spread tomato ketchup, then add cheese, top it with corns, spinach and again top it with cheese. Then finally with red chili flakes.

Continue grilling till the cheese melts Or MW for 30 secs

Serve right away

 Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


12 comments :

Varadas Kitchen February 19, 2015 at 12:09 AM  

Appreciate the effort you took to come up with these colorful dishes.

Priya Suresh February 19, 2015 at 2:31 AM  

Those corn spinach cheese toast makes me hungry even after having my dinner, damn attractive and healthy they are..

Harini-Jaya R February 20, 2015 at 6:42 AM  

Definitely very colorful and interesting, Valli.

Pavani N February 21, 2015 at 4:56 AM  

Another healthy and colorful dish. Loved all you kid friendly colorful dishes this week Valli.

Jayanthi February 21, 2015 at 5:55 AM  

I agree sometimes making simple dishes the kids like eating is better than elaborate dishes which they eat with little to no interest. Nice toast by the way.

sneha datar February 22, 2015 at 6:48 PM  

This is attractive and colorful, wish I could have one.

Sapana Behl February 23, 2015 at 4:03 AM  

Very colorful and healthy toast.

Viswa February 24, 2015 at 5:22 PM  

Fantastic Blog,I must say it was really delicious.Superb Information For sharing us,thanks for this.

Archana Potdar February 25, 2015 at 9:05 PM  

Looks yum Valli. I do agree after all the effort the kids do not eat its a waste of time and effort.

Kalyani February 26, 2015 at 8:07 PM  

Good one Valli ! Burst of colour

Sandhya Ramakrishnan February 26, 2015 at 9:56 PM  

Nice and colorful dish and good way to include vegetables in kids snack/meal!

vaishali sabnani March 7, 2015 at 8:38 PM  

Trust me I feel like picking one of those, look really yum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP