How to make Chilli Paneer Dry ~ Indo Chinese Starter

>>  Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Here I am finally, delayed beyond expected time frame, just because something like a cough came up! I was supposed to make this Holiday special snack for the kids during their holiday. Holiday got over and it's been two days since the school reopened after the new year. Still it is a snack that kids and adults will love nevertheless. I just want to say that, if you make it leasurely, then it will be enjoyed so much. Unlike how I made it a short while ago and they then kids had to eat their dinner as well.

Without doing much, I felt the days have been hectic. I don't believe too much in keeping new year resolutions. Infact if I have to count, I will have so many things that I should change or do better. However certain simple things that I actually wanted to implement without making a big fuss about will be to take things easier. I know I am of the view that life is too short to spend sleeping. I now want to change a bit of it and say occasionally we should spend a day or rather the time after reaching home, doing nothing but spend time with kids watching TV. Trust me I started this since few months, watching movies with them. Most times I hardly know who is who other then big heroes. Can you believe that? I have always been a person who would take in whatever I read and hear as bits of general knowledge. 

So there I am, not upto current affairs in areas where I can discuss with my kids. Not that I want to correct that right away. The various actors/actoress who appear and disappear, are way too much for me to handle. Still it's a thought that I want to hold on. Anyway I know I am degressing here. That's mostly because it's been a while since I actually sat here to write and express the random thoughts that keep running around.

And I have been so pleased that today's Chilli paneer was a total hit. Well what's not to like in it. Kids love paneer and any deep fried snack is their favorite. However for the boys alone, I gave the fried pieces, later they came on to ask for the chili paneer as well. They proudly proclaimed that they can now eat spicy food as well, so they want more. I had to say no as everything was over by then. I wish their fond wish is for a fountain that drops never ending paneer. Now that's a nice wish right!

Chili Paneer Dry

Ingredients Needed:

For the Paneer

Paneer, cubes - 2 cups
Corn flour - 1/2 cup
Maida - 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Red Chili powder/ Green Chili paste - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste -1 tsp
Water to make the batter
Oil for deep frying

For the Saute

Onions, squares
Green, Red and Yellow Capsicum, squares - 1 cup
Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
Tomato Sauce -1  tsp
Green Chili paste -1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil -1 tsp
Water as required

How to make the Chili panner

Wash and cube the paneer into small 1 inch pieces. Make the batter with corn flour, maida, salt, chili paste, ginger garlic and a pinch of turmeric powder to a thick consistency.

Heat a kadai with oil, then drop the paneer cubes into the batter and deep fry. Once it gets cooked on all sides, drain on a kitchen towel.

For the Saute

Heat a kadai with oil, saute the onion squares, then add the green chili paste, then all the capsicum. Fry till the capsicum gets lilttle soft. 

Then add the soya sauce, tomato sauce and cook everything together along with salt and pepper.

Now add the fried paneer and combine everything together. Add half cup water and cook on high for the water to evaporate and yet make everything soft.

Serve hot! 

I also pack this to Sandhya, who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on Holiday special Recipes

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


Priya Suresh January 7, 2015 at 1:31 AM  

Dry chilli paneer makes me hungry, so tempting.

Sapana Behl January 7, 2015 at 1:39 AM  

I love chilly paneer , your looks so tempting . I am drooling here..

Suja January 7, 2015 at 3:52 AM  

Looks delicious

Srividhya January 7, 2015 at 4:41 AM  

Love the vibrant color :-)

Nivedhanams Sowmya January 7, 2015 at 11:33 AM  

great color combo!!! looks so vibrant!!

Sarita January 7, 2015 at 9:31 PM  

Love this chilli paneer! You have lot of patience srivalli.. Cooking lot of varieties everyday.

sneha datar January 7, 2015 at 10:48 PM  

Tempting and making me feel hungry.

Suja Ram January 8, 2015 at 11:09 AM  

Looks colourful Valli. Paneer dishes are my Fav too.

Jayanthi Sindhiya January 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM  

This so bad, just seeing your pictures makes me drool :) Beautifully made!!!

Archana Potdar January 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM  

You are not the only one who find it difficult to remember actors and actresses Valli. Even I dont as for current afairs do tell them some things.
Even I will love a fountain of paneer, chocolate and ice cream.

Harini-Jaya R January 10, 2015 at 5:18 AM  

Love the look of the paneer in there!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan January 19, 2015 at 11:22 PM  

Very tempting dish! kids would totally go bonkers over this.

Pavani N January 22, 2015 at 12:10 AM  

Very tempting and addictive snack with paneer. Looks perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP