Eggless Mayonnaise Recipe ~ Step by Step Pictures to make

>>  Friday, January 23, 2015

Before starting the final week of the BM#48, I had to get this post done as it was pending for a long time. I mostly make my own Eggless Mayonnaise sauce at home. I use couple of versions, depending on what I need to use. My basic white sauce is quite similar to the creamy mayo and then there is other sauce that I made for my pasta. While checking net, I came about this recipe, which was quite similar to what I make and love how creamy the sauce looked.

Having never tasted the store sold mayo, which has egg, I can't really talk for myself. However those who have tasted that, said mine tastes much the same. Emulsification causes the texture to become creamy and formy in the Mayonnaise sauce, where egg reacts with oil and to recreate the same process, milk is used here and pulsed together to get the creamy texture.

I needed to make this sauce again for another recipe that I will be doing shortly, so I thought I might as well make a post of it.

Eggless Mayonnaise Recipe

Ingredients Needed:

Milk – 1 cup
Corn flour / Corn Starch – 4 - 5 tbsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Mustard powder – 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp

How to make the Sauce

In a small mixing bowl, take the corn flour. add add 1/4 cup milk. Wisk well to mix into a lumpless liquid.

Heat the remaining milk in a sauce pan, When it comes to a boil, add the corn flour-milk mixture, simmer the flame and cook till the mixture begins to thicken. This happens very quickly, so ensure you don't leave the pan on it's own.

Take of fire and add all the other ingredients and mix in well. Once it's cooled, pulse it in mixer till you get a creamy sauce, add more milk and season as per taste.

Transfer to a clean, dry bottle. Keep it tightly closed and refrigerated.

This will stay good for about a week or 10 days. Use a clean spoon.

I normally freeze it for later use.


Kurinji January 23, 2015 at 7:13 PM  

useful post....thanks for sharing...

Hema Srivastava January 24, 2015 at 7:59 PM  

useful recipe must try

Kalyani January 30, 2015 at 1:12 PM  

I have a quick Mayo with cream and vinegar .. This looks good too ! Handy sauce

8romans31 June 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM  

Please can you share tips on how to freeze and use. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP