Eggless Dark Chocolate Walnut Cupcake

I know I am so delayed today with my posts. Having only a day off and so many things to do, surely makes sure your day is super busy! On top of it, I almost planned on cooking so many dishes today, that my entire day was spent only planning which one to make when.

For the second day of Kid's Delight Holiday Special, holiday can't be special if I don't bake a chocolate cake for them. To make sure I try a different flavour, I added walnuts in some of the cupcakes. I was inspired by this cake, however since I couldn't add walnut to the entire bunch, I decided to make this a cupcake and have portion control as well.

The cupcakes surely turned out so well and I loved the walnut taste as well. 

I also pack this to Sandhya, who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on Holiday special Recipes




 


Eggless Dark Chocolate Walnut Cupcake

Ingredients Needed:

All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup 
Thick Curds / Yogurt - 1 cup
Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup (increase to 1 cup if you want a sweeter cupcake)
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp  
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp

For the walnut crumble

Chopped Walnut Kernels - 2 tbsp
Granulated sugar - 1 tbsp

How to make the Cupcake

In a bowl, sift the flour and cocoa powder, keep it aside.

In another bowl, cream the curds, sugar till well mixed, then add the baking powder, baking soda. Mix everything well and keep it aside. Allow to stand for 3 -4 mins for the mixture to foam up. Add the olive oil and gently blend.

Next add the flour cocao mix, and gently blend everything well. Be sure not to over blend. 

Pre heat the oven at 185 C and line the cupcakes.

Fill till 3/4 cup with batter and top with walnut and sugar. 

Bake at 185 C for 15 mins. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. 


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , ,