badge


Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes

>>  Sunday, January 18, 2015

While I was thinking what I should do for the second day of BM#48, under Say Cheese, I remembered that I had the cheese mix that I had made for the Cheese Chilli Toast. I had frozen a batch that was excess and it was such a delicious spread, that I didn't want to waste it. I also found that I had couple of boiled potatoes in the fridge. 

I decided I would look out for ideas to use up both, to make a new dish and I landed here. The picture captivated me so much that I almost wanted to replicate the photo setting too. It may not have turned as delicious as it looked, but it surely does look very appealing, so was the taste. The pancake disappeared in no time and this is surely a great way to use up your leftover potatoes with cheese.

Sending this to PJ, who is hosting my Kids Delight, themed on Say Cheese!






Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes

Ingredients Needed:

Potato, mashed - 3/4 cup
Cheese Mix (refer the cheese milk mix) - 1/2 cup
Maida - 2 tsp
Corn flour - 2 tsp
Pepper powder as per taste
Salt to taste
Red Chili flakes as per taste
Oil for cooking

How to make the Cheese Potato Pancake

MW Potato for 4 mins, peel skin and mash with fork. Mix in the cheese mix, add more seasoning as per requirement. Then add the maida, corn flour and mix well.

Grease your hand with oil, pinch out a small ball and flatten it into small pancake.

Heat a non stick pan with oil, once it's hot, cook the pancake on both sides till they turn golden brown in colour.

Serve with sour cream or mayo sauce


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM


16 comments :

Varadas Kitchen January 19, 2015 at 6:17 AM  

Cheese and potato go really well with each other. I really like your pictures.

vaishali sabnani January 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM  

Wow love these pancakes. .made with ultimate combo ..çheese and potatoes. ..drooling Valli.

Shreya at Jumbodium January 19, 2015 at 5:29 PM  

Best way to use the left over potatoes and cheese. Very innovative idea and a perfect snack. Thank u for the share. Keep posting with lots more.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan January 19, 2015 at 9:48 PM  

What a wonderful combination and kids would love this :)

Padmajha PJ January 20, 2015 at 5:59 PM  

Potato and cheese!What a tasty combo!Looks very tempting....

Jayanthi January 20, 2015 at 10:04 PM  

These cute little pancakes have come out so well Valli. They look so tempting, I need to try it now.

Priya Suresh January 21, 2015 at 11:35 AM  

Potatoes and cheese, wat a terrific pancakes, fantastic they are Valli.

Pavani N January 22, 2015 at 12:02 AM  

Wow, those potato pancakes look so good Valli. Love your clicks.

Srividhya January 22, 2015 at 3:30 AM  

Amazing pancakes.. very tempting

sneha datar January 22, 2015 at 4:43 PM  

Wow what tempting pancakes.

yung@foodyoo.com January 22, 2015 at 6:22 PM  

This is simple, I like it. Ingredients are easy to get and the making processes are easy. I am thinking to add some crab meat or crispy bacon and scallion. :)

Harini-Jaya R January 23, 2015 at 8:37 PM  

Interesting and yummy way to use up the leftovers!

Jayanthi Sindhiya January 28, 2015 at 4:22 PM  

Love your golden brown colour potato pancakes...A very innovative idea

Kalyani January 30, 2015 at 1:14 PM  

Cutesy lil pancakes .. A cheese lovers delight.. My lil one should like this ..

Suma Gandlur February 3, 2015 at 7:25 AM  

Those are some cute little pancakes. The potato and cheese would work great here, I guess.

Archana Potdar February 5, 2015 at 6:59 PM  

Lovely pics Valli. and whata combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP