Cheese Masala Sandwich ~ Nasta Recipes for Kids

We are starting the second week of BM#48. I thought the week is going to be a breeze, since I took up a favorite theme. Guess what everything turns out different when you actually decide to get it done. The theme for this week is Nasta Time. Nasta is a typical slang usage of the polished Hindi word Nasta, referring either to breakfast or snack. 

I have heard it being used quite with a slang and that word got struck. Whether I actually heard my hindi speaking friends use it, the other tone always comes first to mind. Anyway I thought it will be fun to see how each would interpret this word. Surprisingly most came up with breakfast dishes, which was fine with me as I would want everybody to have a good breakfast.


I had sketched some ideas in mind before actually cooking. Though when I ended up cooking, the final dish came out different. My original thought was not to include cheese or corn.  However I thought I would get Peddu eat it and I had corn on hand. Still because of the sweet corn, he didn't eat it. While Konda enjoyed a hearty breakfast before leaving for school. I was also thinking I will do a toast. The cheese ensure a sandwich and hence you have another sandwich in making.

So do come join me for Breakfast and enjoy these delightful sandwiches.




Cheese Masala Sandwich

Ingredients Needed:

Bread Slices - 4 nos
Onions - 1/2 cup
Tomato - 1/2 cup
Sweet Corn, boiled - 1/2 cup
Potato, boiled and mashed - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Roasted Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Oil for cooking
Ghee for toast
Cheese Slices - 2 nos

How to make the Masala Sandwich

Heat a non stick pan with oil, saute onions, then add all the spices along with tomato. Let till the tomato becomes soft.

Then add the cooked corn, potato and mash everything well. Cook till the masala becomes dry. Keep it aside.

Trim the bread slices on sides and toast it with ghee on both sides.

On the top, place the cheese slices, then top with stuff and press the other slice over it. Cook on both sides for 2 seconds, remove and serve with ketchup

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , ,