Paneer Makhni | How to make No Onion No Garlic Paneer Makhani

I am sure you know I can't complete a series of gravies without making a paneer right. I knew it too. So I decided to make a Makhni version without onions and garlic. Of course my series of gravies with no onion, no garlic ended up being gourmet gravies with cashews and milk added, I digress to say it just happened. It wasn't my intention to mean that one can't make a gravy without these rich ingredients.

Infact I had few more simpler versions, though lack of time prevented me from going ahead. I was so busy the last few days that I had to request Amma to make it for me. So this comes directly from Amma's Kitchen, pictures credits goes to Konda. The only thing I did here was to click the final pictures. I told the recipe to Amma in midsts of my meetings and product releases and was hoping the gravy would turn out as I expected and that it wouldn't be very sweet. 

To my surprise, hubby dear said he likes paneer dish to be sweet. If it was spicy, it will be a south indian way of making it. Well surprises never cease! I leave you all to enjoy this..

Other versions that goes with this name...

Paneer Makhanwala 
Paneer Makhani 
Paneer Makhani 






Paneer Makhni

Ingredients Needed:

Paneer, cut into pieces - 2 cups
Tomatoes chopped - 5 large
Ghee - 2 tsp
Ginger, chopped - 1 tsp
Cardamoms - 2
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Tomato ketchup - 1 tsp
Cashew nuts, paste - 7 -8 whole 
Kasuri methi - 2 tsp
Milk - 1cup

How to make Paneer Makhni

In a pan, bring water to boil and then add chopped ginger and tomato. Once it boils, switch and let it cool. Puree it together and keep it aside.

In a kadai, heat ghee, add crush cardamon and saute. Then add the tomato puree, red chili powder, bring to boil.

Then add sugar, salt and then ketchup along with kasuri methi. Combine everything well. 

Now add the cashew paste along with a cup of water. Let it cook.

On a non-stick pan, toss the paneer pieces and cook till it turns golden.

Add the paneer pieces to the gravy. After cooking for few mins, add milk to get a thick red gravy. 

Simmer till the ghee separates out of the gravy. Serve hot with Rotis


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 46

Labels: , , , , , , , ,