Chocolate Toffee Brittle

>>  Wednesday, November 12, 2014

For the final day of BM# 46 under Car snacks, I wasn't prepared ahead and as a result had to struggle thinking how I can make what I planned to make. I was planning on making a Thattai or Peanut Pappu Billalu. Somehow getting back from work and thinking I could make them sound so tough. I decided I would settle to the other chocolate dish I had planned. After all what's Car snack without chocolate for my kids!

So I set up to make the Chocolate Toffee, when my kids decided to check out what I was doing. As it happens when they see me with chocolate, they didn't budge and wanted to see what I was making. Initially I didn't realize I had made something like this earlier. However I saw that previous toffee was differently made.

This version is made using dark chocolate and milk chocolate in equal amount and topped with toffee. The most surprising part was that the toffee was just like what's sold. The candy type tastes exactly like this. I was so elated having finally cracked a toffee. Or rather I was noticing it only today. Whatever it was, I was happy combining this chocolate and toffee together.

Chocolate Toffee Brittle

Ingredients Needed:

For the Chocolate Layer

Dark Chocolate - 1/2 cup
Milk chocolate - 1/2 cup

For the Toffee Layeer

Butter - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 3 tsp

Molds for setting.

How to make the chocolate toffee

Chop both dark and milk chocolate into bits. MW for a minute with 30 secs spurts, until the chocolate is melted. Remove and temper well for 5 mins.

Spoon into the mold to half and set it aside.

For the toffee layer:

In a thick bottom pan, melt butter, then add sugar. Keep stirring until sugar is melted.

Keep stirring non stop until you see the sugar turning colour. The butter would almost become ghee at this stage where the sugar turns to brown colour and starts to set.

Immediately spoon out on the chocolate in the mold, and let it set.

You can either set it at room temperature or refrigerate.

Ensure the bowl used for tempering chocolate is dry. Whisk it well and temper it couple of times.

For the toffee, when it reaches the brown colour, it is a cricial stage as the sugar becomes very hard when it gets cooked more than required time.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 46


Priya Suresh November 13, 2014 at 12:29 AM  

Omg, those chocolate toffee brittle are asking me to grab some and have rite now, soo tempting.

Varadas Kitchen November 13, 2014 at 7:11 AM  

Glad you cracked the toffee recipe. The end result looks delicious.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan November 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM  

That looks awesome! I can almost taste the toffee with the chocolate :)

Jayanthi November 13, 2014 at 9:21 PM  

Omg, serious Valli, the oozing toffee is so tempting, I made brittle for the last BM and I can relate how good we feel when we crack a recipe. Very nicely done Valli.

sneha datar November 13, 2014 at 9:47 PM  

Irresistible chocolate toffee.

Pavani N November 14, 2014 at 6:55 AM  

Wow home made toffee sounds amazing. That chocolate toffee will sure be a hit in my house too.

Manjula Bharath November 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM  

wow toffee brittle looks so sinful and perfectly made dear !! they look very tempting ,nicely done !!

Srividhya November 15, 2014 at 12:18 AM  

Looks great. :-)

vaishali sabnani November 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM  

I feel like having some right asd you were not prepared ..we have a awesome recipe which is so so tempting.

Harini-Jaya R November 21, 2014 at 1:40 AM  

They look so cute and inviting.

Jayanthi Sindhiya November 21, 2014 at 4:03 PM  

This chocolate toffee candy looks amazing..perfectly made!!!

Chef Mireille November 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM  

I am not even a chocolate lover but you are making me crave these so much right now. You are lucky I don;t live in your city or even your country or I would be inviting myself over to indulge in these

veena krishnakumar December 1, 2014 at 6:46 PM  

OMg they look so cute. I must make this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP