Apple Fritters | Easy Apple Ring Fritters ~ Easy Festival Dishes

For the final day of Festival Dishes under BM# 46, I thought Apple Fritters would be the best option! I have been reading about apple fritters for the longest time. When I visited USA couple of years back, one of the few select dishes was this. Especially those fritters that had cinnamon drizzled on top. Even for not such a sweet craving person like me, it was sinfully delicious. Another bread that I simply loved was that Cinnamon Swirls. It was a longish stick sort of a dessert, that was simply got melted when I dug into it.

Anyway after so many years, I finally came around making it. Kids were pretty excited. Hubby dear was travelling and it was pretty much left to our choice of food. I decided to make this ahead of their dinner, and the fritters got vanished more so because of the chocolate sauce I had kept on the side. Well I had to tempt my boys right. This was the first time they were eating a sweet fritter. Peddu so much so suggested I could've made some aloo fritters as well. 
So you know I ended up eating this along with Konda. Trust me, it was so delicious. What was there not to like! It was sweet, it had cinnamon. Cinnamon brings out the best in me, rather a fond feeling of holidays and fun time. Maybe it was a time associated with a different period.

These apple fritters surely make you crave for more.

And don't forget to check out the other dips I had made for Tomato Basil Loaf





Apple Fritters

Apples - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Baking powder a pinch
Oil for deep frying

How to make the fritters

Core the apple and peel the skin off. Cut into rings.

Make a batter of the flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder with just enough water for a dripping batter.

Heat oil and coat the apple pieces into the batter and gently drop in the hot oil.

Cook on both sides and drain.

Serve with powdered sugar dusted on top with chocolate sauce!


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 46

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,