How to make Pomegranate Ice Cream

>>  Sunday, October 5, 2014

Now a party is not a party without an ice cream right! If it was left to me, I would only go for a chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate chips on top. How is that for a chocolate dose?

Anyway this is not just my party for my kids. I need to think about other kids, who might, yes might like other flavours as well right. So while I was planning on my menu, I decided I would make Ice creams with other flavours. 

I came across this recipe while I was searching for Persian dishes. The Persian Halva was a hit, so I knew I could easily make this as well. I read she said that her version was not creamy. Now there are times when I like crunchy ice creams and there are times I am sucker for creamy ice creams. This was the time, so I had to modify the recipe using my own method. The lemon juice gives a nice tart taste, while the condensed milk and the cream took care of the creaminess. 

While making the ice cream, the pomegranate colour wasn't visible. I was hoping it will turn into a beautiful pink shade. However it sort of ended up as a lavender shade. But if you ask my kids, they would've said they didn't bother. All they wanted was to attack this.

This was the first time, my boys visibly showed interest to a dessert/ Ice cream other than chocolate. They even buttered me well, saying if I make it, they are ready to eat any flavour. Mind you, this is only in ice creams and not other regular food. I gave a serving to Hubby dear too and he was asking for it after couple of days. I gave him a look that should have made it clear to him, that he was crazy to ask for it after couple of days.

This is surely such a delicious ice cream. The lemon juice is not to be missed, it surely gives a different kick when you dig your teeth into the first bite!

Pomegranate Ice Cream

Ingredients Needed:

Fresh pomegranate juice -  3/4 cup 
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/2 tin /200 ml
Lemon juice - 1/4 cup 
Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup 
Heavy cream - 2 cups 
Fresh pomegranate arils for garnish

How to make the Pomegranate Ice Cream

Squeeze a couple of limes in order to get 1/4 cup of juice. Keep it aside.

Remove the pomegranate arils and pulse it through mixer couple of times to extract the juice. Stain it to remove the seeds. Mix in the powdered sugar, lemon juice and keep it aside.

In a bowl, whip the cream till it peaks, then slowly fold in the condensed milk. Finally add the pomagranate juice and slowly fold in everything.

Place the mixture in an air tight container and freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours.

Serve ice-cream with some fresh pomegranate arils sprinkled on top!


Make sure you use an air tight box, both tupperware or aluminium works fine.

I mostly blend my ice creams in between. However I didn't do it this time, yet it came out soft without crystals.

This sandwich joins the Kid's Delight Anniversary party. Come join the fun!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 45


Varadas Kitchen October 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM  

Rich and creamy! And I am sure the pomegranate added a unique flavor to it. Great party menu!

Priya Suresh October 5, 2014 at 1:23 AM  

Now u r tempting me to make some pomegranate icecream, they came out simply fabulous;

Srividhya October 5, 2014 at 2:52 AM  

yum.. I am like your kids too..color doesn't matter. Ready to dig

Harini-Jaya R October 5, 2014 at 6:30 AM  

Wow! An interesting flavor for ice cream.

vaishali sabnani October 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM  

I like the pale pink hue in this ice cream, and it looks nice and creamy..somehow I hardly make these ice creams at home...

Sarita October 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM  

What a great flavour for ice cream! very yummy..

Priya Srinivasan October 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM  

Such a delicious treat valli, that too without stirring anything on stove!! Wow, a definite try then!!! :)

Priya October 7, 2014 at 6:21 PM  

This looks drool worthy!! Pomegranate must add a unique flavour.

Suma Gandlur October 7, 2014 at 7:35 PM  

That sounds like a wonderful dessert. I have never tried making ice cream at home so far.
I am not for food colors but the commercial brands have those wonderful hues because of it, I guess.

Pavani N October 8, 2014 at 7:07 AM  

That is a very very interesting flavor for ice cream. Kids are so unpredictable, glad that your sons liked this new ice cream flavor.

sneha datar October 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM  

A Lovely and easy icecream. Will give this a try.

Chef Mireille October 14, 2014 at 9:14 AM  

ice cream has perfect texture

Kalyani October 17, 2014 at 5:51 AM  

Pomogranate is so much in season now !! definitely bookmarking this !

Jayashree October 21, 2014 at 12:48 AM  

Pom in ice cream is such a lovely idea, Valli.....and I quite like the pale lavender color of your ice cream.

sara October 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM  

Hai I am not having heavy cream instead of that wat to use?

Srivalli October 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM  

Sara For a creamy texture you need to have cream. Else with thicker milk, you could still end up making kulfi...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP