badge


Dark Chocolate Nutella Mousse

>>  Saturday, October 4, 2014

For the second day of doing Kid's Party dishes, this is one dish that can lighten up any time. Couple of weeks back, I had to make a dessert for lunch and I was wondering what to make. When I saw that I had excess milk on hand, I was thinking what else I could use the milk as.

As it was a Sunday and I had to plan for a lunch dessert, was wondering if a chocolate dish would be apt. Kids were going gaga over the Jamoncillo de Leche from Xalapa, that used evaporated milk. Remembering that I decided I should plan something on those lines.

I was eating some dry fruits when I suddenly remembered dark chocolate. So the idea for this dessert came from different quarters and I felt making a mousse sort would be great. This dessert may not qualify exactly as per a mousse goes by definition. However, it's light, it has whipped cream in it, and so much of chocolate.
As always I served this in individual glasses, so that each of us will get a small portion to taste. Parents shared it between themselves, saying one each was too heavy. Kids were only too happy to enjoy the other. While I just tasted it to know it was really so sinful.

I planned to make this as the first post, however thinking in lines of being proper in the menu items, I wanted to the sandwich to come first. That birthday placard you see in the picture is what Veena gave me along with a lovely dark chocolate ganache cake. I saved this up to use it later. I felt this was such an apt time to share it again.

Konda was also asking surprised that I was making note right away, I said I just put this together. So if it really tastes great, I need to make sure I write down the measurement of how I made it right away. Else I might forget. I was so glad they all loved it.

This is a great dessert if you like chocolate.






Dark Chocolate Nutella Mousse

Ingredients Needed

Milk - 5 cups, 
Nutella - 3 tbsp
Corn flour - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Dark Chocolate - 1/2 cup
Heavy Cream - 200 ml
Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, for serving

How to make Dark Chocolate Nutella Mousse

In a thick bottom pan, heat the milk, stirring continuously till you reduce the milk to 3 cups. On high this takes about 10 mins.

Add the nutella and stir well. Next add the dark chocolate cubes, sugar and simmer till all the chocolate and sugar is mixed well.

In another bowl, mix the corn flour with some simmer milk and whisk well to mix completely.

Now slowly add this paste to the simmer pan and gently mix everything together. 

Quickly strain it to remove lumps, whey etc and put it back to a boil.

Meanwhile, have individual serving glasses ready.

When the chocolate liquid is getting to become thick, add the cream and combine. This takes only about couple of minutes, else the mix will become a thick pudding.

Pour into the prepared glasses, allow to cool down a bit and then refrigerate till set. This takes about 2 hours.

Serve chilled, with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top.

This sandwich joins the Kid's Delight Anniversary party. Come join the fun!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 45


19 comments :

Varadas Kitchen October 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM  

Yummy! I was wondering how you could have a party with no chocolate. ;)

Sarita October 4, 2014 at 12:21 AM  

What a yummy recipe! Looks very delicious..

Suma Gandlur October 4, 2014 at 12:24 AM  

That sure is a decadent dessert!

Priya Suresh October 4, 2014 at 3:02 AM  

Am drooling over that irresistible mousse, even i'll go gaga if its comes to chocolate.

Manjula Bharath October 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM  

A perfect treat chocoholics Like me not only kids I will also finish it all in a blink of an eye ;) very smooth and delicous mousse !!

Srividhya October 5, 2014 at 2:34 AM  

Yum.. as usual great pictorial representation :-)

Harini-Jaya R October 5, 2014 at 6:19 AM  

That is surely a sinful treat, Valli.

vaishali sabnani October 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM  

Chocolate...I just feel like eating so e, you know I too am a big fan of this special ingredient...lovely individual servings.

sneha datar October 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM  

A lovely mousse yum.

Pavani N October 8, 2014 at 7:04 AM  

OMG, what an amazing chocolate dessert. It looks creamy and rich.. So tempting.. My kids would LOVE this.

Jayashree October 9, 2014 at 11:07 PM  

Individual servings is such a great idea. Nice dessert, Valli.

veena krishnakumar October 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM  

vibha saya omg omg:-)...looks very yummy valli

Archana Potdar October 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM  

Like Varada I was wondering how no chocolate.

Kalyani October 17, 2014 at 5:53 AM  

my elder one would go crazy if she saw this.. I have a bottle of nutella waiting to be used ! should try this soon !

Kalyani October 17, 2014 at 5:55 AM  

btw cornflour is 3/4 cup ??? or is that a typo ?? 3/4 cup is more than the 50/100 gms packet we get int the stores right valli ??

Srivalli October 17, 2014 at 7:07 AM  

Kalyani If you notice the bowl with the white stuff, that's corn flour. Yes I used 3/4 cups for 5 cups of Milk. The sugar is not much as I added dark chocolate as well.

Chef Mireille October 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM  

chocolatey goodness...looks so sinful

Priya Srinivasan October 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM  

Oh yum, even adults wouldn't mind such a sinful dessert valli!!! Very very tempting servings there!! :)

plasterer bristol March 27, 2015 at 4:02 PM  

Wow this looks amazing....Will have to give this a go. Thanks for sharing this recipe.


Simon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP