Chocolate Sauce for Cake Frosting

When I recently made the Bottle gourd Chocolate Cake, I used a new sauce. So thought of recording it separately as it surely deserves a post of its own.

The Chocolate sauce turned out to be more of a halwa on it's own as I was using Maida. I even made it rich by adding butter to it.

Working on this post reminded me that Konda asked me to bake her cake that would give about 200 pieces. I was very adventurous and decided to bake muffins for her. I arrived at a new measurement and on top I baked it in Microwave Mode. As I had done in this chocolate recipe, it only took a minute to bake. I was all worked up to bake for her. She finally said it got postponed, however wants to make Cafe Sua Da, the Vietnamese Iced Coffee for her teachers as a trial run. So we are now working on making that for school tomorrow.

So while I plan how to pack the ice for her, you can check out this sauce, which I am sure will work out great to simply dig in.





Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients Needed:

All Purpose Flour- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 3/4 Cup
Milk- 1 Cup
Cocoa Powder- 3 tsp
Butter - 2 tsp

How to make Chocolate Sauce

In a bowl, take the flour and mix with cocoa. Then slowly add boiled milk. Whisk it well.

Then bring to boil, then add sugar and let it melt. Strain it well to remove lumps. 

Put it back to heat and continue cooking till it thickens a bit. Add butter and cook for 2 more mins. 

Once the sauce reaches a thick pudding stage, remove and pour on the cake and spread. 


This is the sauce that was used on spreading the Bottle Gourd Chocolate Cake.

Labels: , , , ,