Eggless Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing Recipe ~ Step by Step Eggless Chocolate Cake

We are starting the third week of BM#43 and I will be making some Eggless Cakes. Of course I only bake eggless cakes and muffins and if it's for this space, it naturally is without eggs. So you might wonder why I even specify that. Well that's just to bring home the thought that eggless cakes are as soft and tastier as those with eggs. And the fact that I get to eat them as well.

Off late things have been very hectic at home front. I practically don't get time to cook anything new during a week day. Back from work, I get just enough time to teach the boys. All this while they were getting tutored and we felt it would be good if we take care of it ourselves. So our hands are tied up more and don't find time at all for any experiment or even new dish. 

Imagine the weekend how tightly packed it's going to be. Anyway when I was deciding on the themes, I wanted to make sure I select only those that my kids will enjoy. It naturally had to be the cakes. I had my list of recipes shortlisted to be prepared, then I saw this recipe and wanted to make it right away. As I say I never go back and check on my cakes that I have already posted. I know I will go crazy myself, deciding if this measurement and combination has already been posted or not.

So in spite of having decided on a set of dishes, here's a different one made eggless with the usage of Curds, condensed milk. Muffins and Cakes differ in the way the ingredients are mixed. In cakes we always cream the fat, so even if one was supposed to make the cupcakes, the creaming part had to be intact and frosting done as well.

I was very particular I make the creamed cakes as the texture always turns more soft and crumbly. I wanted to be very adventurous and try ragi or jaggary in this cake, then felt I must first make the regular way and then think of changes. So this cake is very simple and straight and turns out very fine with great texture and holds itself.

I used a 8" round baking tin. The height is just enough for another layer to be place over this for a layered cake. The frosting turns out so good as well.



Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing Recipe

Ingredients for Chocolate Cake

Wet Ingredients

Butter - 1/2 cup
Curds - 1/2 cup

Cream both butter and curds till it becomes creamy. Sometimes it doesn't get blended well. That's fine, just blend for 5 - 7 mins.

Dry Ingredients

Flour / Maida - 1 cup
Cooking Soda - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp

Sift the flours couple of times.

For the Cake batter

Condensed Milk - 1/2 tin
Milk - 1/2 - 3/4 cup

How to make the cake batter

To the butter, cream mix, alternatively add the milk, condensed milk, flour. gently fold in and mix well.

Grease a round 8" baking tin with butter and flour. Pre heat the oven to 185 C.

Pour in the prepared batter on to the greased tin, gently tap down well for the batter to spread well.

Bake for 12 mins at 185 C, then reduce to 170 and bake for 10 mins.

Allow to cool down completely before icing.
Fudge Icing Recipe
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing

Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/4 tin / 100g
Cocoa Powder - 4 tbsp
Butter -  2 tbsp / 50 g

How to make the Fudge Icing

In a MW bowl, mix together butter, cocoa and Sweetened Condensed Milk and beat well. Microwave for 30 secs. Mix thoroughly. Again MW for 30 secs.

Spread over cake, top with sprinkles, chocolate chips, leave to set.

Slice and serve.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 43

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,