Eggless Butterless Easy Chocolate Cake

>>  Monday, August 18, 2014

For the second day of BM#43 under Cakes with Egg Substitutes, I have another Chocolate cake with Apple Cider. I got an big bottle of apple cider and would highly recommend you use this for your cakes, for eggless versions. Cakes with these really come out with the moist, crumbly texture. The cake is so soft that it really melts in the mouth types.

I have been delayed with my day two and three cakes. We were out for the weekend and came back on Sunday and decided to bake this, both as a birthday celebration cake and for the BM as well. My kids declared that I should stop buying cakes for birthdays and should bake it myself. And after taking a bite, they declared that I should open a cake shop. Well I know my customers will be just them and they will be so happy. However I was really pleased when Amma and Dad declared this cake to be so delicious and the shop wala is no way near it. 
So you can imagine the joy I had hearing how well this turned out. I adapted this cake from here and added a dark chocolate butter cream ganache, that added lot of flavour to this cake. I decided to do a separate post for the ganache as it requires a special mention. 

Since I was baking on short curve, I skipped my step by step for this post and was so dishearten. However this is a very quick mix and you really don't need a tutorial. I simply sieved all dry ingredients, fluffed with a whipper, then slowly add the wet ingredients. One thing you should remember to make note is, after adding the apple cider, you shouldn't use lot of force or whip it randomly. I used regular water, and the amount depends on lot of things, like the batter consistency, texture of your cocoa etc.

If you add more cocoa, increase your sugar, if you are not using any frosting. It tastes great as just an evening snack. Since this is so healthy, and approved by all, I am sending this to Sapana, who is hosting my kids delight, themed on Healthy Desserts for Kids. Please note that I don't really give much thought on giving fried or sugary dessert for kids. They have to eat now. However having a healthy note and caution is always helpful.
Eggless Butterless Easy Chocolate Cake

Ingredients Ingredients

All purpose flour / Maida - 1 & 1/2 cups
Powdered Sugar - 1 cup
Cocoa - 3 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Water - 3/4 cup (- 1 cup increase depending on the batter consistency)
Vegetable oil - 5 tbsp
Apple cider - 2 tbsp

How to bake Eggless Butterless Easy Chocolate Cake

The batter gets done very quickly, so you can pre heat your oven just before making the batter.

Preheat the oven at 185 C.

Sift your dry ingredients together, fluff with a whipper. To the dry ingredients, add the vegetable oil, apple cider, half cup of water, gently blend everything together.

Depending on the batter consistency, add more water. I used just under 3/4 cup water.

Prepare a 8" circle baking tin, with butter and dust with flour. Tap down excess flour and pour the prepared batter into the tin.

Bake for 17 mins at 185" c, continue for another 3 mins, depending on the cake done ness. You can check if the cake is done in the center with the regular took pick check.

Cool for 10 mins, before unmolding.

I recommend using parchment paper to bake, I always miss out using it and have to wait with bated breath, wondering if the cake will unmold in tack. Especially if it's a birthday cake, you can't make mistakes. It usually unmolds will if you give it some time.

However with kids around and when you are running short of time, you really don't have time. I wish I used a paper. My center got struck a bit, as I was continuously tapping on top. There won't have been a more impatient person like me.

I had just about 30 mins to bake, frost the cake. I made the Dark Chocolate Butter Cream Ganache when the cake was cooling. However this ganache also needs time to settle.

This cake is so simple and quick that you can make it ahead and frost when needed. Stays good at room temperature for couple of days, if you don't have chocoholic folks like me.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 43


Varadas Kitchen August 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM  

Homemade birthday cakes are always special. This one looks gooey and moist. Lovely!

vaishali sabnani August 18, 2014 at 6:23 PM  

Looks sinful Valli...its ok to do hurried posts at times. ..we do follow without a tutorial:)

Ramya Venkateswaran August 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM  

yummy chocolate cake

Razina Javed August 18, 2014 at 8:19 PM  

wow this luks so yummy!!!

Srividhya August 19, 2014 at 12:00 AM  

Interesting. Any reason to add apple cider?

Srivalli August 19, 2014 at 6:59 AM  

Srividhya Apple Cider is the egg substitute in this cake.

Suma Gandlur August 19, 2014 at 7:57 AM  

The cake looks decadent and I can notice how fluffy and moist the cake has turned out under that ganache topping.

Priya Suresh August 19, 2014 at 3:11 PM  

Absolutely decadent, am in love with that chocolatey topping..

Saraswathi Tharagaram August 19, 2014 at 9:31 PM  

I know your kids are correct. these cakes are super gossy and moist..

Sapana Behl August 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM  

I am ready anytime for chocolate cake , this looks sinful!

Harini-Jaya R August 21, 2014 at 3:00 AM  

Hmm yet another chocolate cake. Looks fluffy valli.

sneha datar August 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM  

A yummy looking cake.

Chef Mireille August 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM  

love the deep rich color

Sarita August 25, 2014 at 8:31 AM  

Cake looks too yummy..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP