Open Sandwich with Minced Onions, Capsicum ~ Easy Tiffin for Kids

For the last day of Easy Tiffin, I have yet another simple and quick one. As it is obvious now, Konda and Peddu love anything with cheese on bread. So I wanted to experiment with another combination of vegetables on bread for a quick snack.

This again is a 10 min dish, provided you have all the ingredients in stock. Inspired by this post, I wanted to have it much more simpler and deceptively delicious for Peddu. Konda loves capsicum. Somehow Amma has got her liking to all these vegetables. I never knew this until a while ago, after I starting liking it and including it more. 

Amma has always used capsicum more in her cooking, while I have recently started doing it. Until then I wasn't even aware that Konda likes it. Knowing this, I wanted to ensure I include capsicum as much as possible.

I have similar ideas already shared, this is presented in a different way and that makes it important that I share it as such!




Open Sandwich with Minced onions, capsicum

Ingredients Needed:

Bread Slices - 2 slices
Tomato Sauce - 2 tbsp
Sweet and Hot Tomato Sauce - 2 tbsp
Minced Onions - 2 tbsp
Minced Capsicum - 2 tbsp
Red Chili flakes - 1 tsp
Italian Seasoning - 2 tsp
Cheese, grated - 3 tsp

For topping:

Cheese, grated - 2 tbsp
Your choice of vegetables

How to make the open sandwich

In a bowl, mix in the sauces along with grated cheese, minced onions, capsicum, seasoning and red chili flakes.

Apply this mix over the bread, top with grated cheese, your vegetable of choice, red chili flake again.

MW for a minute or till the top cheese is melted.

Sometimes it takes another 30 secs to get melted.

Notes:

Since this is made in MW mode, there are chances for the bread to get hard, so serve it right away.

Else you can bake at 185 C for 5 - 10 mins or till the cheese is melted.

Instead of adding grated cheese, you can add cheese cream.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 42

Labels: , , , , , , ,