Eggless French Toast ~ Easy Breakfast / Tiffin Recipes for Kids

>>  Thursday, July 3, 2014

We are starting another new edition this week and it's already BM#42. We are on the seven month of this year and in BM group we are almost progressing towards to the ninth month, looking forward for the BM # 44 International ABC Cooking. When I pause over it, I feel bad that we are hurrying up through the days, not even lingering a moment to enjoy the day.

Anyway I am sure all of us enjoy the journey as well.. Coming to this week's theme, I opted to do Easy Tiffin. The idea was to arrive at simple, quick tiffins that can be served to kids when they get back home after school. I was hoping this might be easy for me to decide. Needless to say, it was so hard for me to meet the conditions of at least getting approval from two of them. I ended up making these Eggless French Toast from Sapana and both Konda, Peddu loved it so much. 

Chinnu doesn't eat bread, so it was impossible to get him to even taste. However the other two loved it so much that I had to make it again for their breakfast the next day. Peddu even wanted me to pack it for his Snacks. So you can imagine the popularity this quick dish seem to have got so quickly.

Making this is very easy, except for the sticky pan you will end up having to clean. 

While I was making it again the next day, Konda was telling me how she liked it and also why this was called French Toast. I told her about the French Toast, that used to be my favorite as a kid. Hearing that she was curious to taste that and wanted me to make it for her. So one of these days I might make it for her.

Until then, it is going to be Eggless French Toast.

Eggless French Toast 

Ingredients Needed:

Sandwich Bread - 4 slice 
Milk -  1 cup
sugar - 2 tsp (as per taste) 
Butter as required for cooking
Custard Powder - 2 tsp  

How to make Eggless French Toast

In a bowl mix the custard powder with little milk to form a lump less paste.

Heat the remaining milk with sugar and add this paste and quickly stir well. Make sure it's lump less.

Cook till it becomes thick. Remove and keep it aside.

Heat a non stick an or tawa, spread butter over it. Dip the bread slice on both the sides and cook on the tawa. 

Let it toasted well and then flip it to other side and cook .

Remove from pan and serve  

If you are expected a browned expect this doesn't happen. It will have a nice buttery aroma and texture. The bread becomes soft and soggy over a period. Unless you cook for longer period.

I tried making a design with chocolate sauce, it flopped and I sort of salvaged the results.

It tastes great with chocolate, however.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 42


Harini-Jaya R July 3, 2014 at 4:30 AM  

I should try this version sometimes. Looks too good to pass :)

vaishali sabnani July 3, 2014 at 6:16 AM  

Fantastic! I like the buttery toast,even though it is sinful....I have never made it this way. .will give it a shot sometime.

nandoos Kitchen July 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM  

nice idea of using custard powder for french toast. Will give this a try.

Kurinji July 3, 2014 at 12:23 PM  

Yummy toast...

Priya Suresh July 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM  

Very irresistible french toast, love it very much.

Padmajha PJ July 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM  

I have always wanted to make this and I think now the kids will appreciate this dish. Really a quick.tiffin :)

Sarita July 4, 2014 at 4:29 AM  

I haven't tried with custard powder .. Nice idea.. Sure kids would love it.

Sapana Behl July 4, 2014 at 9:07 PM  

Lovely color you have got with custard powder ..very nice preparation!

Pavani N July 5, 2014 at 7:20 AM  

I love the traditional French toast, but when I tried this eggless version I was surprise how close it tasted to the original.

Suma Gandlur July 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM  

I have to give this a try. Sounds delicious.

Sreevalli E July 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM  

Yummy french toast.. Very tempting..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP