Sweet Corn Vegetable Noodle Soup

For the second day, I decided to do a soup dish with Noodles. I am not really a soup person. I am sure that's obvious by the lack of much soup choice on either of my space. The most I have forced myself to drink soups, have been during my dieting period, when I literally lived on soups. Which only meant, when I went off those dishes, I really went off and never really ventured much again.

However for the theme, I had to do and decided I might as well do with a soup I like the best. Yes, when I am forced to have a soup, I would always order Sweet corn veg Soup. I love to nibble on those sweet corns and the thick broth really makes up with the lack of love on soup as such. Still I must confess I actually love this version of soup. So it was decided I would make the same with noodles. 
As I said I made all three dishes for my Sunday Lunch and while I was busy clicking and then sipping on my soup, Konda was busy nibbling those Cutlets and saying she really loves those cuties. And wants some more, I went in again to fry some more, while taking turns to sip on these. Boys were playing chess, with their own set of rules. In between they Konda to referee between them, else I will be called to settle a dispute. The rules they were coming up with were really so funny. But I just left it to themselves to handle it.

Parents had their share of soup for their evening snack and said it was delicious, more like the sweet and sour soup and not a typical Sweet Corn Veg Soup. Well I said if it was differently made, then it's much more better.

Boiling the Noodles

In a wide vessel, boil thrice the amount the quantity of water you will need. When it starts rolling boil, add the noodles and cook on high for 4 -5 mins, depending on your noodle thickness.

When the noodle is done, you can press it between your fingers to see if it is done, make sure it's not hot, the noodle should be soft but not very soft.

Run it under cold water immediately, then toss it with oil for the noodles not to stick together. You can alternatively spread under fan for it to get cooled.

Sweet Corn Vegetable Noodle Soup

Ingredients Needed:

Hakka Noodles - 1 cup
Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup (Carrot, Beans, Cabbage)
Sweet Corn - 1 cup
Green Chili sauce - 1 tsp
Soya Sauce - 1 - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Water - 2 cups

Corn flour - 2 tbsp to be mixed in 1/2 cup water

How to make the Soup

Boil the noodles as instructed above. Keep it aside.

Boil the finely chopped vegetables for 10 mins, corn for 6 mins. Keep everything ready.

Add 2 cups of water in a non stick pan and bring to boil. Add the boiled vegetables along with corn and let it simmer for 5 mins.

Next add the corn flour water along with soya sauce, chili sauce, adjust spice, salt, pepper.

Finally add the boiled noodles and switch off when it starts to boil
Notes:

The water will start to thicken because of corn flour, so make sure you don't cook for long.

Instead of cooking the vegetables separately you can boil in this pan itself, however you can save time cooking this way.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 41

Labels: , , , , , , ,