badge


Oreo Popsicles ~ Easy Dessert for Kids

>>  Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer is not summer if there are not some ice creams and popsicles made and that's exactly what I wanted to do, when I opted for Summer Specials. Though I had couple of other ideas of a typical Summer Specials, I wanted to share this quick dessert that gets done in no time.

The idea was inspired by some quick dishes that can be done by some mailer. I was taken in by how simple this was. Only problem was, Oreo biscuits never stays for long at home. Boys are very fond of this and this disappears before it can even be known.

So though I knew I had recently got some, I realized that I may not actually find them in stock. I went all the way to get them, and it was funny how even the super market didn't stock the variety I wanted to use.

When FIL visited us this month, the first thing I told him was that, I wanted these biscuits. As expected with him, anything you ask him, he will make sure you get it, even if it meant running around the place some couple of times. So on his third or fourth visit to a shop, he finally found the variety I wanted. Meanwhile, each time he went, he got a varsity that was obviously exciting for the boys.

Since there were quite some stock now, I strictly told the boys that they can't touch these biscuits. Athamma came on to see what I was doing and she suggested I may MW the mixed in biscuits. The result was, the entire batch simply got mixed up. 
The moment the boys saw me getting the popsicle moulds out, they were after me, wanted to know what I was doing. I literally had to dodge from them, when these were ready to go in. They controlled themselves with great difficulty and couldn't wait to dig in. 

They were even debating which colour for whom. Anyway the verdict was the completely mixed in Oreo popsicles were so delicious, much better than the milk mixed Oreo biscuits. Well you have a choice, you can do whatever you want!

This is surely a very quick one to make and you have a perfect dessert to serve your kids.



Oreo Popsicles

Ingredients Needed:

Oreo Biscuits - 20 nos
Milk - 2 - 3 cups
Sugar as required.

Popsicles moulds.

How to make popsicles.

Mix the sugar in the milk, if you are simply going to use crumbled oreos. Else, you can use unsweetened milk.

For the complete Oreo Popsicle

MW the milk with the oreo biscuits for a minute. Then mix well. Transfer into the popsicle moulds. Freeze for until set.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 41


16 comments :

Maha Gadde June 5, 2014 at 1:05 AM  

so cute n tempting...kids sure love this..

Sarita June 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM  

Sure kids will love it...looks yummy in those cute Popsicle moulds..

The Pumpkin Farm June 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM  

u shud see the expression on shlok's face, jaw dropped and then looking at me, as if asking when are you making it...the colorful moulds are beautifully captured and loved the idea of using oreo

nandoos Kitchen June 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM  

easy to make and tempting..

vaishali sabnani June 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM  

I love these and can visualise the scene of your house...:))..these are so adorable. .feel like digging in.

Beulah Arun June 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM  

This will be a sure hit with kids!

Padmajha PJ June 5, 2014 at 2:13 PM  

What a brilliant idea!We love oreo and you bet I will be making these soon!

Sapana Behl June 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM  

Absolutely stunning Popsicles...will try for sure!

Priya Suresh June 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM  

Kids will go crazy if they saw this pops, very chocolatey and attractive they are.

Varadas Kitchen June 6, 2014 at 5:36 AM  

That is a very interesting use of Oreo cookies. Lovely presentation.

Sreevalli E June 6, 2014 at 9:17 PM  

Tempting popsicles.. i'm drooling here.

Suma Gandlur June 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM  

These cookies used to be my son's favorite when he was younger. I haven't bought them in years and so have no idea that there are varieties in it now. Oreo lovers would surely be tempted by these.

Chef Mireille June 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM  

you are making me want to buy some popsicle molds just to try this

Sandhya Ramakrishnan June 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM  

How innovative and every kid would love this :)

Pavani N June 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM  

Wow, those oreo popsicles look so good. My son would love these and they are so simple to make too.

Harini-Jaya R June 13, 2014 at 4:54 AM  

Very interesting usage of these cookies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP