Stuffed Radish Paratha | How to make Mooli Paratha

>>  Saturday, May 17, 2014

It's time for another edition of Blogging Marathon. The third week will have me making Lunch Box recipes for Kids. I know it's vacation time for kids and you must be wondering what I am thinking, doing this theme. Well one has to be planned ahead right! 

So the objective of this series will be to make dishes that my kids would love to carry in their lunch box. Atleast I mostly make these dishes for my daughter who just entered her teens. So you can assume these dishes would fall under the age group of 10 - 15 years. 

I am hoping my boys would soon take a liking to these dishes. They have started getting used to new dishes. When it comes to chocolates and dessert, they have no hesitation, however these dishes don't appeal to them. However the dishes I would post surely meets my daughter's approval.

As India witness historic moment, we tread our regular marathon, hoping and wishing for many more successes!

Stuffed Radish Paratha

Ingredients Needed:

For the Outer Layer

Wheat flour - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Water for kneading
Oil for cooking

For the Stuffing

Radish - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Red chili powder -1  tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Coriander leaves handful

How to make stuffed radish paratha

Wash and peel the outer skin of the radish.

Grate the radish and store the water to knead the dough.

To make the outer layer.

Knead the wheat flour with salt and water from squeezed radish and more water if required, to make a soft dough. Rest it aside for 15 mins.

To make the stuffing

Heat a non stick pan with oil. Saute the squeezed radish well and then add the spice powders. Saute till dry. Add finely chopped coriander leaves.

Divide into equal portions.

Now pinch out balls from dough, press in the center, stuff with filling, seal well and cook in a hot tawa.

Serve with pickle and curds.

Parathas always make a great lunch dish. Konda loves carrying stuffed parathas for her lunch.

Sending this to Jayanthi, who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on Lunch Box Recipes.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 40


Sandhya Ramakrishnan May 17, 2014 at 12:38 AM  

This is yet another lovely way to make the radish paratha! I just roll it really bad when I make it this way :( Need to get some rolling tips from you!

Usha May 17, 2014 at 1:43 AM  

It is indeed a historic moment for India. Too many expectations and got to see how the new government deals with all the issues facing the country.

FLavorful stuffing for the parathas. I am sure your boys will also start liking the stuffed parathas very soon.

Harini-Jaya R May 18, 2014 at 6:33 AM  

Good one. Hope there will be a day when my kids take to the various varieties of parathas.

Priya Suresh May 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM  

Stuffing parathas are always challenging for me, but yours came out extremely prefect, fantastic radish paratha..

Varadas Kitchen May 19, 2014 at 9:38 AM  

Stuffed parathas are a favorite in our house too. They look soft and delicious.

Sapana Behl May 19, 2014 at 10:06 PM  

Love radish stuffed Paratha ...but I have never sautéed the radish , will try it...

Pavani N May 20, 2014 at 1:51 AM  

I love mooli parathas, so flavorful, healthy and delicious.

Sarita May 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM  

Mooli paratha is my fav., ohh urs is too yummy.

Chef Mireille May 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM  

what a cute knife and I definitely like the neater look with the collage step by step pics

Nisha Sundar May 25, 2014 at 6:12 AM  

I love any parathas and the best part about making parathas is you can have any filling in it. :)

sushma May 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM  

Its been a while I made these parathas. Looks perfect Valli.

Suma Gandlur May 30, 2014 at 8:25 AM  

Yummy parathas. It reminds me that recently I haven't made these and the radishes I buy keep going into sambhar.:)

Archana Potdar June 16, 2014 at 7:20 AM  

I make radish paratha but never stuff the filling. Love this method. Thanks Valli.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP