badge


Basic Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe

>>  Monday, May 12, 2014

I know you might think how many more chocolate cakes I might still post. Let me tell you, there are still many more to come..:)

Anyway I did this a while ago and decided it would be very apt to call this as a basic recipe to follow for a chocolate cake. Infact I also use another version that uses condensed milk with aerated cola, which was my basic chocolate recipe. It's been a while since I used that. 

When I checked if I had shared this recipe, I was surprised that I hadn't and so thought I make it for evening snack for the kids. With the number chocolate recipes on this blog, it obviously shows what my kids love the best. It went a notch up, when Athamma asked for extra cake to be ordered for Konda's birthday. She said she was going crazy thinking what to give the kids during evening times. And she thought that boys would love to dig in chocolate cake. 

Since my nephew and niece were with us, I asked Hubby dear to get more, not realizing that they don't like chocolate cake. So imagine the masti the kids had with nobody else to share. I was supposed to make a chocolate cake myself but as I was already making so many other dishes, I couldn't. 

Then it was parents anniversary and decided I would make an eggless cake. I didn't stop to think they might want another flavour. I made chocolate cake by default. It was a three layer ganache stuffed MW 3 minute cake. I even did a design with gems. Well going by my skills at designing a cake, I know I can't say much, for all the artist I am supposed to be!

Anyway parents loved the cake and that's what mattered. They had got a store bought cake as well, which had three layers with chocolate icing. Peddu loved it and asked if that cake was baked by Amma. When I said no, he asked if I had made it. When I said it was store bought, he replied it was fantastic. Then after a moment, he looked at me and said it was as good as mine was! Well my boy can sweet talk for sure. And Chinnu gave me a sloppy kiss with cake and all! My day was surely made!

That MW 3 minute cake recipe is for another day, enjoy this for today!

Basic Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 1 & 1/.2 cup
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 tin / 400 gms 
Melted Butter - 150 gms
Water/ Milk - 150 gms
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp

How to make the Eggless Chocolate Cake:

Preheat the oven at about 150 degree C. 

Grease and line the bottom of a 8” square or 9” round cake tin with butter paper.

In a mixing bowl, take the flour, baking powder and baking soda, sift the flour twice.

Then add the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and water into the mixing bowl containing the dry ingredients. 

Gently whisk or spoon until the mixture comes together and there are no lumps. Make sure you don't whisk too hard.

Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for an hour at 150 degree C.

The cake is done when a knife comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake. Invert the cake on a cooling rack, cool and use as required. 

Notes:

I did an icing with Chocolate Truffle Frosting, and then again topped with chocolate sauce.

You can even make a layer cake with this, sandwich with jam, ganache etc. 

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 40


11 comments :

vaishali sabnani May 12, 2014 at 5:22 AM  

That cake sure looks sinful. .chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and chocolate sauce. ...wow..and who is interested in a artistic cake..you don't feel like eating those...good one.

Suja Ram May 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM  

I can't get enough of this yummy Chocolate cake!Nice recipe, bookmarked.

nandoos Kitchen May 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM  

cake looks super delicious..

Priya Suresh May 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM  

Prefect treat for a chocoholic person like me..Cant resist.

Denny May 13, 2014 at 1:13 AM  

looks moist and decadent Srivalli! bookmarking to try!

Gayathri Sathyanarayanan May 13, 2014 at 2:48 AM  

Cake looks delicious. Iam a fan of chocolate cake.

Varadas Kitchen May 13, 2014 at 7:11 AM  

Chocolate lovers delight. Nice one.

Pavani N May 14, 2014 at 1:50 AM  

Your kids sure love their chocolate cakes. It is always a pleasure when everyone enjoys what we make. That cake is looking yumm!!

Sreevalli E May 14, 2014 at 4:11 AM  

Delicious cake & love it more for being eggless.

Suma Gandlur May 16, 2014 at 6:32 AM  

You guys sure love chocolate. )
The cake is looking yum and both the birthday and anniversary have given you a wide variety of dishes for this marathon.

Harini-Jaya R May 18, 2014 at 6:03 AM  

Wow! Such gooey choclatey goodness!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP