Pizza Rolls | Tricolour Bell peppers stuffed Pizza Rolls

>>  Wednesday, February 12, 2014

For the final day of Baked Dishes, I did a savoury treat. It is my most favourite of all and I am so happy that this is also one of the favourite for daughter and elder twin. Infact Chinnu has started eating Pizzas, so I can gladly order Pizzas any time. He is yet to start eating what I make, maybe because it is not chicken.

However with the other two, they simply love anything that is pizza. Hubby Dear complains that I have transferred my likings to them. I hardly ever try, it naturally got passed on!

Infact when I made this dish, I was thinking of doing the Rolled and Baked theme. I was so short of time and couldn't plan to do the rest. So had to ditch the theme at the last moment and decided to take up the other theme. Rolled and Baked is always an interesting theme to read on. Hopefully I should be able to do the dishes I had planed sometime later!

TriColour Bell Pepper Stuffing

How to make the Pizza Dough

Spread and roll with stuffing.

Top with more cheese and olive oil.

Pizza Rolls

For the Pizza

Flour - 2 cups
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Yeast - 2 tsp
Water - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp

For the topping

Chopped garlic - 1 tsp
Onions - 1/2 cup
Bell peppers - 1 cup
Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
Chili tomato - 3 tbsp
Red chili flakes - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Thyme - 1/2 tsp
Basil - 1/2 tsp
Butter - 1 tsp
Olive Oil -1 tsp

Cheese - 1/2 cup

Garlic spread - 10 cloves + 1 tsp Butter

How to make the Pizza Rolls

Proof the yeast and keep it ready.

In a wide bowl, take the flour and yeast. Knead to a soft dough. Keep it covered for it to rise. After 1 hour, punch it down again and let it rise.

Takes 2 - 3 hrs to rise.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C

To make the Stuffing:

In a non stick pan, heat oil, saute onions, garlic and once done, add the chopped bell peppers. Add all the spices and seasoning and cook till done.

Dust and pinch out balls. Roll into a big disc. Spread the garlic spread, drizzle the olive oil, spread the stuffing on top, with cheese sprinkled all over and tightly roll it towards the top. Pack it tightly and chop into small pieces.

Place it in a baking tray, sprinkle some more cheese and olive oil. Baked at 185 C for 25 mins

Brush with butter and bake again for 5 mins, within 25 mins.

Sending this to PJ, who is hosting my Kid's Delight themed on Baked Treats

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 37


Sreevalli E February 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM  

Yummy & colorful pizza rolls..

Ramya Krishnamurthy February 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM  

yummy rolls wish to grab some of it

Pavani N February 13, 2014 at 5:02 AM  

That is such a colorful and yummy looking pizza. Love it!!!

Jayashree February 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM  

Very colorful and nice.

Chef Mireille February 15, 2014 at 11:18 PM  

OMG - these look so delicious

Varadas Kitchen February 16, 2014 at 5:50 AM  

Looks colorful and appetizing.

Usha February 17, 2014 at 3:20 AM  

colorful and yummy pizza rolls. These remind me of pull apart rolls.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan February 17, 2014 at 7:05 AM  

The tri color bell peppers add so much of color and flavor to a dish! Lovely recipe!

Harini-Jaya R February 19, 2014 at 4:26 AM  

Brilliant and colorful, Valli!

Jayanthi February 20, 2014 at 12:37 PM  

Such an interesting recipe. Very colorful and looks yum. I love the color of the rolls I'm sure gonna try it and it'll be a hit among kids.

Archana Potdar February 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM  

Wow. This looks yum. I love the colours Valli.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP