Eggless Choco Chips Muffins

>>  Monday, February 3, 2014

We are starting yet another edition of Blogging Marathon. It was a quite rush with January theme going off so well. Infact I ended up selecting themes that were all my favourites and I was upset that I can't do them all!

For the first week, it had to be Chocolate Cupcakes/Muffins. When I thought of this theme, I felt it would be very easy and most sought after theme. Surprisingly there are few who have opted and especially only those who have kids who are die hard fans of chocolate! The condition I had given that each day we have to showcase with Fruit and chocolate, Chocolate based and With chocolate chip or with frosting.

You can imagine, when thinking up I think it will be easy and only when one gets to the business the true colours come out! So to say I spent some time thinking what else to make. Anyway these sort of a mix of couple of recipes I had filed and this which worked out pretty well. I have some more which uses the same technique of resting the levering agents and getting the cakes up. 

I made these when we visited our relatives for our annual Sankranthi trip. I had made few more varieties and everything vanished pretty much by the same day.

Eggless Choco Chips Muffin

Ingredients Needed:

Corn flour - 3 tbsp
All purpose flour/ Maida - 1 & 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cooking Oil - 1/2 cup
Curds - 1 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence few drops

How to bake the muffin

In your measuring cup, take the corn flour first and over it fill up with the all purpose flour. Sift couple of times ensure it gets mixed well.

In another bowl, add the sugar and whip with curds, making sure it is dissolved well. Then add the baking powder, baking Soda and gently stir it. Let it rest for 2 -3 mins. By then you will mix becoming frothy with bubbles.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C and have your muffin tray or liners ready.

Add vanilla essence and the flour in batches. Gently fold in, making sure you don't mix it too fast or hard.

Finally add the choco chips and fold it again.

Scoop the batter into each liner to 3/4th and bake at 185 C for 15 - 20 mins. Check if it is done in one muffin and let it cool before handling it.


My muffin cups were thick ones and I was baking a huge batch. So filled it up to 3/4 and baked.

Do not over mix the batter in any time.

If you like you can top it with more chips on top.

Sending this to PJ, who is hosting my Kid's Delight themed on Baked Treats

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 37


Varadas Kitchen February 3, 2014 at 2:01 AM  

They look delicious

Usha February 3, 2014 at 3:53 AM  

Valli, I was so tempted to do this theme but held back as I would end eating all the delicious chocolate bakes. I do not want to put on any additional weight for at least until end of April and stayed away from the theme. And you know, that is very difficult for me as I am chocoholic!

Choco chip muffins look great.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan February 3, 2014 at 5:51 AM  

Yummy recipe! Add the chocolate chip into it and becomes the super recipe :)

nandoos Kitchen February 3, 2014 at 6:27 AM  

soft muffins! yumm

The Pumpkin Farm February 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM  

i like the choco chips in vanilla muffins more than the chocolate based dough, it kind of compliments and stands out, the liners are pretty and they make the muffing look much more inviting, i am waiting for a right time to make some cup cakes, its been looong time.

prachi agarwal February 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM  


Chef Mireille February 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM  

perfect kid friendly snack

Manjula Bharath February 4, 2014 at 3:27 AM  

wow wow not only kids but adult will also get tempted with these delicious and moist cupcakes am very sure :) they look so yummy , perfectly made !!

Padmajha PJ February 4, 2014 at 8:14 PM  

Wanted to take this theme but you know my situation! Anyways lovely cake and perfect for kids[and adults!]

Sreevalli E February 5, 2014 at 3:59 AM  

Yummy muffin's.. They will be favorite to kids & adults too.

Harini-Jaya R February 7, 2014 at 6:54 AM  

They look awesome! No chocoholics at home :(

Suma Gandlur February 8, 2014 at 4:04 AM  

I think I am one of those who opted for this theme. You and my daughter will gel well for your love of chocolate. :)
The muffins look great. Again the color of the muffins and liners compliment well.

Pavani N February 8, 2014 at 5:08 AM  

I wanted to take the theme too, but was scared that I would end up eating all the cupcakes & muffins.
These look awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP