Dark Chocolate Muffins

>>  Monday, February 10, 2014

We are starting the second week of BM#37. I took up Kid's Delight Oven Baked Treats, hosted this month by PJ. The moment she told me that was her choice, I knew I would be sending her loads, or rather handful of course. So since then, I have been having dishes that would fit that theme, naturally it being a Kid's event, I had to do what my kids would love.

What else than some cakes, rolls and cookies? So for the next three days I will be sharing some baked sweet and savory treats that are snack box friendly and would fit the after school treat as well. Since I can't have these for all the themes, I had to take a call.

These muffins have dark chocolate chunks in them, that bursts out when you bite in. Surprisingly my boys don't mind the bitter dark chocolate. So I ended up making these for their snacks.

Dark Chocolate Muffins

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose Flour - 1 cup
Corn Flour - 1 tbsp
Icing Sugar - 3/4 cup
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Condensed Milk - 2 tbsp

Curds/ Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Butter - 2 tsp
Milk - 1 - 2 tbsp
Dark Chocolate - 50 gms

Muffin Liners - 6 nos

How to make the muffins:

Line the muffin moulds with the liners and keep it aside.

Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Melt the butter, beat the curds. Add the butter, condensed milk, olive oil and curds to the dry ingredients.

Add milk as required to make the batter loose. Gently mix in well. Don't beat at this stage.

Using a spoon, pour one spoon of the batter into the mould, place the dark chocolate pieces in the middle and place another spoon of batter on top.

Pre heat the oven at 185 degree C.

Bake at 185 degree C for 25 - 30 minute. Don't check for done ness until the first 15 mins.

Use a toothpick to see if the muffins are done. Insert the stick in the centre and if it comes out clean, it's done.

Once the full time is done, allow it to cool in the oven for 5 mins, then remove and cool outside for a while.

Sending this to PJ, who is hosting my Kid's Delight themed on Baked Treats

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 37


Hasna Hamza Layin February 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM  

Lovely muffins Srivalli

Jayashree February 10, 2014 at 10:26 AM  

The cupcakes look wonderfully chocolate-y and delicious.

Ramya Krishnamurthy February 10, 2014 at 3:53 PM  

Yummy muffins

prachi agarwal February 10, 2014 at 7:47 PM  

very tempting muffin

Manjula Bharath February 10, 2014 at 8:34 PM  

fantastic muffins sure a most fav snack baked treat for kids :)

The Pumpkin Farm February 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM  

your home is chocoholics haven...the muffins look beautiful in those individually served plates

Nivedhanams Sowmya February 10, 2014 at 10:14 PM  

yummy and delicious muffins!!! love it!!

Suma Gandlur February 11, 2014 at 12:25 AM  

My daughter would love them. :)

Nalini's Kitchen February 11, 2014 at 2:53 AM  

Very tempting and yummy looking muffins...

Varadas Kitchen February 11, 2014 at 6:32 PM  

Dark Chocolate would be a hit in our house too.

Usha February 13, 2014 at 4:29 AM  

Love the serving platter, individual muffins plates in a platter. Muffins looks delicious

Chef Mireille February 13, 2014 at 7:56 AM  

delicious muffins for sure

The Mad Scientist's Kitchen February 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM  

Delicious muffins Valli. I love the way you out your wet and dry ingredients separate when I am baking i always think that way but while posting i am in a hurry n all thoughts head out of the window. :)

Sreevalli E February 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM  

Temptingly delicious..

Harini-Jaya R February 19, 2014 at 4:24 AM  

Lovely muffins...Suddenly I have a craving for those. Do u think I should make those just for me, Valli? ;)

Jayanthi February 20, 2014 at 12:40 PM  

I see hat you use corn flour with a combination of curd baking soda/ baking powder in eggless recipes. I haven't tried in my recipes, your muffins are looking so good I should try them. Nicely done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP