Corn Fritters | Corn Pakodas

>>  Monday, February 24, 2014

We are starting the fourth and the last week of BM#37 Edition. I choose to do one of my favourite themes, "After school Snacks". I guess everybody would have some nostalgic moments associated with their growing up days, especially when you get back tired from school and have something always waiting for you. I have so many memories on these, when Amma would always have something ready for me. 

When I think about these, I feel so terrible and bad, knowing my kids won't have this experience as I am not at home when them get back home. However I make sure I have something ready for them and have either Amma or Athamma give them these. They have their rice and some snacks when they get back home. Other days when I manage to be at home for them, I make sure I have something for them, in terms of fried snacks, light tiffins etc.

First in the series is this interesting pakoda is this Sweet corn fritters, all fried and crispy.

Corn Fritters | Corn Pakodas

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
Rice flour - 3 tbsp
Corn flour - 3 tbsp
Sweet Corn kernels - 1 cup
Curry leaves
Coriander leaves
Green Chiles - 2 medium
Onions, finely chopped - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying

How to make Corn Pakodas

Get the corn kernels and have it ready.

In a bowl, take all the ingredients and mix to a tight dough.

Heat a pan with oil. Once the oil is hot, with a spoon drop in the batter and cook on both sides.

Drain on a kitchen towel and serve hot with sauce!


Make sure you cook these in medium heat so that it becomes crispy.

Sending it to Sowmya, who is sharing my Kid's Delight event, themed on After School Snacks.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 37


Manjula Bharath February 24, 2014 at 4:21 AM  

wow such an tempting and delicious corn fritter :) very delicious pakoda :) I wud love to grab some right away !! ..

The Pumpkin Farm February 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM  

temtping and lovely looking fritters, they would taste great with a hot ketchup

Ruchi Indu February 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM  

Looks very easy to prepare... Good idea!!

Nivedhanams Sowmya February 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM  

so tempting!! tempting pakoda

Kalyani February 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM  

My after school snacks take me back to the pakoras made by grandmom :-)) lovely crispy ones - the corn variation

Nalini's Kitchen February 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM  

Delicious and crispy corn fritters ,makes me drool...I am also doing a recipe with corn for this theme..

divya February 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM  

Look amazing and yummy.

Harini-Jaya R February 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM  

Love these fritters, Valli.

Varadas Kitchen February 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM  

They look great. Great snack on a rainy day.

Pavani N February 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM  

One of my cousin made these recently and we really loved them. Your recipe looks similar and they look amazing.

Chef Mireille February 28, 2014 at 12:52 AM  

with the sweetness of corn, these pakodas must be so delicious

Ramya Krishnamurthy March 1, 2014 at 11:48 AM  

Yummy and will finish off with the sauce

Archana Potdar March 6, 2014 at 2:25 PM  

Wow such delicious pakodas. I can gulp them down in no time. One plate to go Ma'am!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP