badge


Sandwich Cutlet Chips | Mixed Vegetable Paneer Cutlet with Sandwiches and Wafers

>>  Friday, January 24, 2014

We are starting the final week of the BM # 36 and I have taken up to do the Combo dishes. Many months ago, I had asked my BM friends to list out dishes that served in combo. Like Idli Vada Sambar etc. Out of the huge list I ended up getting, I selected the rare ones and introduce it as one of the themes we can do.

We had already done a set of these combos and this edition it was again picked up. I know I was partial in selecting only those combos that I have not done. Even in that, it was that I have done one dish and not the other. Like in Jalebi and Rabri, I have done Jalebi and Rabri separately, yet never together. I was keen on picking up something that could be served a snack or a dinner or even for breakfast.
Trust me I ended up picking up combos which involved too many steps, though if I had planned it properly could've done it so easily. Like today's Sandwich, Cutlet and Chips, which was suggested by Vaishali. When somebody else asked for clarification, only then I realised how this is served. I was assuming this was one of Delhi's chat, only to be told that this is served as Breakfast combo in Vaishali's Hotel. How wonderful!. I further went on to ask her doubts on how exactly this is served and decided I was surely going to make it.

Though I had arrived at the combos I was making, this was the last in the series to be made. It was so hectic as making the cutlets and assembling takes forever! First I wasn't sure what type of cutlet I should make, having so many versions already on the blog. Then there was this wish to make a sandwich chutney that I have been forever waiting to make, which was a recipe from a sandwich stall. Only to see that I didn't have any coriander or mint in my pantry. After so much of a rush and planning, finally made it for breakfast and it was surely a hit. I made only the cutlets for Konda and she was angry that I kept only two for her..I have frozen the rest for her.

Vaishali said they serve French fries, I thought I would serve chips, needless to say this turned out to be a great pair for it!




















Sandwich Cutlet Chips

Ingredients Needed:

For the Cutlet

Onions - 2 medium / 1 cup
Capsicum, Carrot, Beans, Peas - 1/2 cup each
Potato - 2 medium
Bay leaf - 1 medium
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
Green chillies - 2 medium
Curry powder - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp

For the cutlet layer

Potato - 2 medium
Bread Slices - 4
Salt to taste
Corn flour - 2 tbsp

For the Outer layer

All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Bread crumbs from 4 -5 slices

How to make the cutlet

Cube the paneer and roast for couple of minutes, keep it aside.

Prep the carrot, beans, peas and potato, chop into small cubes. MW with 1/2 cup water for 5 mins.

In a non stick pan, add oil, bay leaf and cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the onions. Saute well till they start turning colour. Add the ginger garlic paste, saute again.

Add finely chopped capsicum and saute well. After couple of minutes, add the vegetables and all the spices. Adjust and cook on high for 5 minutes.

For the Binding layer

MW slashed potatoes for 7 - 8 mins. Soak in water and peel off the skin.

Dip the bread in water and squeeze out the water. Mix both potato, bread and corn flour into a smooth mix.

Slightly mash the vegetables and mix into this bowl. And combine everything together. Pat them into balls and flatten.

In a bowl, mix in maida and cornflour, a pinch of salt, add water as required to make a thick batter.

Dip the flatten cutlets into the batter mix and keep on the plate.

If you have bread crumbs, you can use directly, else like me you can run the bread slices in a mixer, sprinkle the bread crumbs generously over the batter coated cutlets.

Ensure the cutlets are coated on all sides and pat it well to form well coated cutlets. Freeze for 10 - 15 mins

Heat a pan with enough oil to deep fry.

Once the oil is hot, gently drop the cutlet and fry on both sides, drain on a kitchen towel.

To make the Sandwich

Sandwich Chutney

Coriander leaves - 1 cup tightly packed
Mint leaves - 1 cup tightly packed
Green Chilies - 3 -4 medium
Roasted Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Fresh Ginger Garlic - 1 tbsp

Wash and chop the leaves and green chilies. In a mixer take all the ingredients and pulse it without adding water to a smooth paste.

For the Sandwich

Bread Slices, with sides trimmed - 6 nos
Onions, Cucumber as required
Butter as required
Sandwich Chutney

Trim the sides and spread the butter on one slice, the sandwich chutney on the other slice.

Place onion, cucumber slices and press the buttered slice on top of this.

For Chips, you can see how you can make Potato Chips at home

To serve, place the sandwiches, cutlets, chips together along with Ketchup


Notes:

The cutlets can be made ahead and frozen before deep frying. Practically anything can go into these cutlets.

The Sandwich chutneys can have just garlic or just ginger or a mix of both. Adding kala namak gives an entirely different delicious taste as well. 

All of these served together can be made ahead of time and assembled when serving.

It is really no wonder this is quite popular as everybody loved this breakfast and it was totally worth doing the entire laborious process.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36


8 comments :

Manjula Bharath January 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM  

wow valli thats an delicious platter :) who can resist to have the fully yummy combo :) tempting me !!

Janani January 25, 2014 at 5:42 AM  

Awesome combo valli perfect to serve to guest when they visit for tea

Sapana Behl January 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM  

That is one delicious combo breakfast meal. ...lovely

Pavani N January 27, 2014 at 5:37 AM  

OMG Valli, that plate looks amazing. My mouth is water just thinking of how good it must have tasted. Awesome and interesting combo.

Jayanthi Padmanabhan January 27, 2014 at 3:51 PM  

All that i'd like to order on one plate. Looks delicious.

Happens to me too. Even the most common always overstocked item will be over just when I need it.

Padmajha PJ January 28, 2014 at 2:52 PM  

Oh yea! I would love to have this for breakfast,if someone made it for me :) .Delicious combo!

Nalini's Kitchen January 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM  

Wonderful combo,makes me drool...

Chef Mireille January 30, 2014 at 7:23 AM  

the cutlet especially looks so fabulous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP